Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mandriver Linux.

Beans

Re: Mandriver Linux.

Quote Originally Posted by ffi View Post
    2 clicks and your password and you are done and I don't think there is less software actually quite the opposite as there are far more backports available than for ubuntu.

Mandriva also seems a lot faster for some reason on the same hardware especially scrolling in ff and opera, no idea why really as the settings and drivers are the same....
    If there is so much software for it where is Firefox 3 I had to install it by hand or rely on Firefox 2 which is done with.

Beans

Are you running 2008.0 still? Firefox 3 is in 2009 and I think it's in 2008.1 too?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Vince4Amy View Post
    Are you running 2008.0 still? Firefox 3 is in 2009 and I think it's in 2008.1 too?
    It is.

Quote Originally Posted by jrusso2 View Post
    If there is so much software for it where is Firefox 3 I had to install it by hand or rely on Firefox 2 which is done with.
    You need EasyURPMI here. You'll be able to add the PLF repositories here, where there's bucketloads of software.

I really like Mandriva, but the package manager could do with a bit of speeding up. Hope the next version is better with KDE4.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123