Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast

Thread: ALSA Upgrade Script

Beans

Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Today it became possible for me to use the install script. Same story -- when starting to play anything, you got a very silent click and then very silent hiss. When you stop the thing that is playing, the hissing stops within 10 seconds... again with a silent click.

Has anybody else experienced this? It didn't occur before I started fiddling with the pulseaudio sound server (namely uninstalling it). Yet when I reinstalled, the problem was there and I can't get rid of it whether you have it installed or not.

Any ideas? I would be keen to try anything that doesn't require reinstalling the system

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

remove the apt-get parts of this script. It's trying to install ffmpeg packages for no reason. I mean, why?

I can't upgrade the driver, cause it won't get past installing ffmpeg dev packages.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 11.04 Natty Narwhal

Hi all, I am having a problem after upgrading my jaunty system to alsa 1.0.21. I have crystal clear sound through my creative xfi card in all apps, but when I try and launch stella for a game of classic asteroids or space invaders, I get a loud staticky buzz. Stella uses sdl, and I do have the libsdl1.2debian-alsa package installed. I also have pulseaudio completely disabled, and all sound is going through alsa. Any suggestions? Thanks in advance for any and all help on this problem.

Thanks,

Guy

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Question Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Hello soundcheck,

I'm hoping I read your first post right and that you are inviting people who need help getting ALSA working to post here.

1. Name your Ubuntu revision
    Ubuntu Karmic

2. Kernel revision
    Linux karmic 2.6.31-15-generic-pae #50-Ubuntu SMP Tue Nov 10 16:12:10 UTC 2009 i686 GNU/Linux

3. Alsa revision
    As downloaded by your script. Log attached.

4. Upgrade script revision
    5. A bit of background what you've done resp. done before
    Installed. Ran your script. Ran with '-snap'. Tried the arguments I've found that relate to the STAC9228 chip this Fujitsu ST5112 tablet has. Some arguments get microphones and some sound. Some sound fades. One argument gets headphones that don't fade.

6. Attach the relevant logs

I would love for this to work. Please let me know what I might try or provide next.

Thanks,
    bcw
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans

It took about an hour!

running:
    cat /proc/asound/version
    now shows
    Advanced Linux Sound Architecture Driver Version 1.0.21.

Thanks!
    Last edited by dimeotane; December 3rd, 2009 at 04:03 AM.
    Are You the Ubuntu Guru?
    "By perfect good fortune, one meets the True Guru, when one's destiny is awakened.”
    ~ Sri Guru Granth Sahib

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Fart Alot View Post
    Today it became possible for me to use the install script. Same story -- when starting to play anything, you got a very silent click and then very silent hiss. When you stop the thing that is playing, the hissing stops within 10 seconds... again with a silent click.
    Actually today I looked with cat /proc/asound/version and it showed an old version (1.0.20). I then rerun the installation script, the version is now up-to-date and I don't have this problem (quoted above) anymore. Thank you for this script

Beans

And now I have the same problem again. What's the deal?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi.Now i'm installing your script.There is still 10 minutes to install.I will edit and tell you what I think
    Anyway,will it install incorectly if my wireless internet conection was down for 30 seconds?

Beans

soundcheck,

I am a Linux newb, and appreciate your help on getting my HP DV7-3065dx laptop audio up and running. Thank you very much for your informative post! I did notice one typo in your directions that I wanted to bring to your attention:

Short Alsa-Upgrade script install instructions:
    1. download the script and save it somewhere
    2. cd <your-download-dir>
    3. tar xvf AlsaUpgrade-1.0.21-3.tar **(should be 1.0.21-4.tar vice 1.0.21-3)**
    4. sudo ./AlsaUpgrade-1.0.21-4.sh -di
    5. sudo shutdown -r 0

I have indicated the change above marked by **

Thanks again for your help!

Beans

ALSA 1.0.22 released today. Changes: http://www.alsa-project.org/main/ind...1.0.21_v1.0.22

Update the script accordingly before you run it:
    Code:
    * alsa-driver-1.0.22
    * alsa-lib-1.0.22
    * alsa-utils-1.0.22
    * alsa-tools-1.0.22
    * alsa-firmware-1.0.20
    * alsa-plugins-1.0.22
    * alsa-oss-1.0.17

Page 52 of 124 FirstFirst ... 242505152535462102 ... LastLast