Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1236

Thread: ALSA Upgrade Script

Beans

Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Quote Originally Posted by CarpKing View Post
    I managed to get it to compile by issuing "-s" instead of "-d" to download an SVN version instead of the stable version. It then compiled and installed normally.

It didn't fix my sound problems but I think those run deeper. I still get "implicit declaration of function" errors when I try to install the Linuxant driver.

Thank you. I did also work for me.

But after rebooting my PC (acer 4745g ubuntu 10.10) it does not open gnome. all it does is opening the terminal. It says something like: tty1 "username" login. After typing in username and password, i am still just in the terminal. startx does not bring me anywere!

Can someone please help? I really need it! TNX!

Sorry for the bad english!

Beans

I did tha same thing adding -s to compile on .35 (Ubuntu 10.10) and it went fine, but after reboot nothing works, and it seems that there is no alsa-driver at all. I downloaded the latest nonstable alsa-driver-1.0.23.83.gd4453.781.g24330, compiled and installed it manually - but same picture after reboot.
    thats what i get:
    cat: /proc/asound/version: no such file
    i also got this in the ind of a script:
    chmod: cant get acces to `/dev/dsp': no such file or catalogue
    chmod: cant get acces to `/dev/mixer': no such file or catalogue
    chmod: cant get acces to`/dev/sequencer':no such file or catalogue
    chmod: cant get acces to `/dev/midi':no such file or catalogue
    chmod: cant get acces to `/dev/snd/*': no such file or catalogue

************************************************** *************************
    * Alsa packages sucessfully installed - reboot your system now
    ************************************************** *************************

Can anyone help with that problem?
    Last edited by stachern; October 13th, 2010 at 02:52 PM.

Beans

Yay, upgrade of alsa (even from last snapshot) brokes all Sound in Ubuntu 10.10, so only if you reinstall system there will be a sound.

Bad, bad...

Guess i should stick to 10.04 of Ubuntu, it's still LTS

Beans

Returning to Xubuntu after a year of Slackware... I have to say. You are a GOD. I have ALWAYS had problems with ca0106 and Xubuntu and spent HOURS trying to figure it out, sometimes I get it, sometimes no. This worked for me after the first try.

A really big thank you. Seriously.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I, too, am getting the implicit declaration errors. Here is the relevant section:

Code:
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c: In function ‘snd_pcm_hw_params’:
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:489: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pm_qos_remove_requirement’
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:492: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pm_qos_add_requirement’
    make[3]: *** [/home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [/home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/adam/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
    make: *** [compile] Error 2
    Anyone have an idea how to get this to compile?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by AppleBonker View Post
    I, too, am getting the implicit declaration errors. Here is the relevant section:

Code:
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c: In function ‘snd_pcm_hw_params’:
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:489: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pm_qos_remove_requirement’
    /home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.c:492: error: implicit declaration of function ‘pm_qos_add_requirement’
    make[3]: *** [/home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore/pcm_native.o] Error 1
    make[2]: *** [/home/*/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23/acore] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [_module_/home/adam/Downloads/realtek-linux-audiopack-5.15/alsa-driver-1.0.23] Error 2
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-headers-2.6.35-22-generic'
    make: *** [compile] Error 2
    Anyone have an idea how to get this to compile?
    You have to use the script's -s option to get a very recent ALSA which supports the 2.6.35 kernel that Maverick/10.10 uses.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by Temüjin View Post
    You have to use the script's -s option to get a very recent ALSA which supports the 2.6.35 kernel that Maverick/10.10 uses.
    Sorry, I should've specified this on my previous post, but I submitted quickly out of frustration. I am actually not using the upgrade script (I only posted here because there seems to be traffic and all you folks appear to know what you're talking about). This is the driver provided by the manufacturer (Realtek). So would I then be correct in assuming that I need to wait for them to upgrade their driver package to support the latest kernel in use on Maverick?

Beans

Ran the script hoping to get 5 channel audio. Now when I boot the machine I get audio and can see my card in gnome-volume-control for about 5 minutes then audio stops and when I go back into gnome-volume-control the hardware is no longer listed.

Any thoughts? going to run the script again with -r and hope for the best.

Running Ubuntu 10.04, 2.6.32-24-generic-pae
    Alsa 1.0.23
    0 [NVidia ]: HDA-Intel - HDA NVidia
    HDA NVidia at 0xf9f78000 irq 20
    Alsa Log: http://pastebin.com/jn19xyB1
    Last edited by xoom; October 17th, 2010 at 01:19 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Also, I should add that if I run the script, I can get digital audio out. But I need to get digital and analog simultaneously, which I believe requires the driver I've downloaded directly from realtek. I've tried messing with the script to have it install the realtek driver rather than the default alsa driver in the script, but it doesn't appear to want to compile and install correctly. I've also tried installing the driver manually (which appears to be successful) and then commenting out the driver compile/install portion of the script, but that again doesn't show my hardware. I've noticed that the final portion of the script (copying modules) does not run appropriately with the realtek driver even when the script is set to extract the driver to the appropriate ${ALSASRCDIR}/${DRIVER}/ directory. Any ideas on how I might be able to get this functional?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Wow, I feel slow. It was trying to copy modules that were not extracted during the install of the driver since it was searching the script's install directory and not the directory where the driver was located. Once I adjusted that portion of the script, the install worked flawlessly.

Anyway, thanks for the script as it appears everything was compiled and installed correctly. Unfortunately, I still only have audio out of the digital output and not analog. I'm not sure what I'm missing, but I have the latest alsa version and the proper driver installed. I guess there is some configuration setting somewhere I'm overlooking. If anyone is familiar with the Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe mobo and has gotten sound out of it I will gladly take some suggestions!

Page 114 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116 ... LastLast