Re: ALSA Upgrade Script

Quote Originally Posted by Kranix View Post
    ?
    Just -r I think.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

After using this script, sound is still on, but i can't change the volume.

What to do?

EDIT: Nevermind, i had picked my HDMI instead of my internal audio for output.
    Last edited by Kranix; September 23rd, 2010 at 02:45 PM.

Beans

Hi,

I am on ASUS K52F and I initially fixed the "speakers do not mute when headphones are plugged in" problem by simply following the solution published here, but after installing the latest Ubuntu updates (which didn't even change the kernel, it's still 2.6.32-24) the sound was gone - from both speakers and headphones.

Found this thread, ran the script, sound appeared again, but now the headphone jack doesn't seem to work at all. I have searched everywhere, nothing helps.

Does anyone have any idea why there's still no headphone sound even after running the OP's script?

BTW I also checked alsamixer, and there are only two sliders available to me - Master and PCM. There is no slider for SPDIF and hence no option to control it.
    Last edited by gelatinous_cube; September 23rd, 2010 at 07:25 PM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Quote Originally Posted by gelatinous_cube View Post
    Hi,

I am on ASUS K52F and I initially fixed the "speakers do not mute when headphones are plugged in" problem by simply following the solution published here, but after installing the latest Ubuntu updates (which didn't even change the kernel, it's still 2.6.32-24) the sound was gone - from both speakers and headphones.

Found this thread, ran the script, sound appeared again, but now the headphone jack doesn't seem to work at all. I have searched everywhere, nothing helps.

Does anyone have any idea why there's still no headphone sound even after running the OP's script?

BTW I also checked alsamixer, and there are only two sliders available to me - Master and PCM. There is no slider for SPDIF and hence no option to control it.
    Try Fix your sound! in my signature.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lkjoel View Post
    Try Fix your sound! in my signature.
    Remove ALSA and install OSS, although ALSA used to work perfectly for me? That suspiciously sounds like something that will take a lot of time, won't work and leave me with some half-assed unfinished installations etc, because that's what usually happens to me.

If my sound works all right with ALSA except the headphones jack, I reckon some minor fix is needed, I will try to discover one before I mess everything up irreparably

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.10 Quantal Quetzal

Remove ALSA and install OSS, although ALSA used to work perfectly for me? That suspiciously sounds like something that will take a lot of time, won't work and leave me with some half-assed unfinished installations etc, because that's what usually happens to me.

If my sound works all right with ALSA except the headphones jack, I reckon some minor fix is needed, I will try to discover one before I mess everything up irreparably
    Sorry, I misread the question.
    I will read better next time.

Beans

Worked great on my Asus AT3IonT-I Deluxe and Ubuntu Lucid

Beans

Hi@all << my first post ...
    This script solve all my problems with my soundcard i had on Lucid x64 for over 6 month. Now my ASUS M2N-Sli Deluxe onboard sound works fine -- BIG Thanks!

Beans

I notic when it was working ubuntus standard sound control said it was dummy device being used.

After I rebooted it's back to the standard again

http://varazir.pastebin.com/iePLv44p

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Hi,

I've had the same problem on Toshiba L650. First headphones didn't mute the speakers, then I've downloaded and installed this script, now speakers are working but there's no sound on headphones.

Some help would be more than welcome

Page 111 of 124 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast