I just purchased a new Asus EEE pc 900. I bought it so that I could put Ubuntu on it. I do not have an external cd/dvd drive so I researched bootable flash drives. I have followed countless tutorials on how to make this happen. I have used a couple different Ubuntu versions, 3 different 1gb usb flash drives, and made the bootable drive on Ubuntu AND Windows XP. So far I have had no luck getting the eee to boot from any of these drives. I formatted these drives with FAT32 like everyone says. I have been using unetbootin to make the live drives but it does not recognize the drive as a bootable drive. I always get this error:

"Reboot and Select proper Boot device or Insert Boot Media in selected Boot device and press a key_"

The unetbootin instructions seem to be pretty easy so I don't see that being the problem. I have also set the boot order many different ways in BIOS but nothing works. If anyone can help or has this same problem please help quickly. I need this working asap for work and I can't use the Xandros os. Thanks