Thread: Running Mabinogi

Beans

Running Mabinogi

Hey, I just downloaded Ubuntu literally 1 hour ago, I got Wine and downloaded Mabinogi a game from Nexon, It installed successfully but it wont run. I hit "Game Start" and where gamegaurd would normally load nothing happens and the window closes, Help? D:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Karmic Koala (testing)

Beans

Re: Running Mabinogi

Interesting, I clicked game start, It ran Gamegaurd, Patched Gamegaurd up, than the second it was done gave me an error that says "A Gamegaurd initilization error has occured. Run again after rebooting your system or close any conflicting applications and try again" Anyone know how to get it past this point? I reset twice and tried closing everything while running it. :\

Beans

GameGuard protection and wine don't get on very well so you are wasting your time.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ajackson View Post
    GameGuard protection and wine don't get on very well so you are wasting your time.
    Well damn... I'm sad to hear that, Thanks for your help.

Beans

i actually got as far as playing the game with wine but it was so slow it was unplayable no matter how many options i tried changing and i know its not my computer

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

Quote Originally Posted by quinn149 View Post
    i actually got as far as playing the game with wine but it was so slow it was unplayable no matter how many options i tried changing and i know its not my computer
    HHHOOOOOOWWWWWWWw the heck did you do that please tell me I'm desperate D: mabinogi is the best game ever please tell me how D:

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

http://appdb.winehq.org/objectManage...sion&iId=17317

Using that I got it so it will, almost, run. I get to right after the first NPC. When she teleports me into the actual game I get a black screen of pwned.

Any suggestions??