Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142
Results 1,411 to 1,415 of 1415

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Unfortunately since the wacom.ko doesn't have a version # it is hard to figure out what's what. There was a problem with the kernel driver for the E6, but that caused it to be misidentified if I recall correctly. Not your problem. Now that you mention it I think the fix was after the 3.2 kernel but I'm not sure.

In short I'm not sure what compiling input-wacom-0.16.0's wacom.ko will get you. But it won't hurt I suppose.

Anyway if you decide to and that doesn't work, or you want to skip it, either way I'm out of ideas and I would suggest posting to linuxwacom-discuss: http://sourceforge.net/mail/?group_i...&source=navbar

What bothers me is this has the feel of something idiosyncratic to your setup.

Have you tried setting TabletDebugLevel and ToolDebugLevel to 12 with xsetwacom and see if anything interesting shows in Xorg.0.log?

Beans

I've just compiled and installed input-wacom-0.16. As it seems, I have new version of wacom.ko loaded now. According to "modinfo wacom" srcversion differs from what it was before install.

But unfortunately after rebooting nothing has changed. And as i mentioned earlier problem was present even on fresh install of Quantal with the newer kernel. So I doubt that changing kernel could fix this. Only hope I had, was that the new input-wacom is higher version, than kernel included version is.
    And for complete picture I'll tell you that I booted into PartedMagic live distro (the only one I already had on my flash card) it has 3.5.smth kernel, xf86-input-wacom-0.15 and works the same as my main Precise setup.

So now I think I will ask the question on sourceforge as you suggested and maybe fill the bugreport on launchpad. Another hope to get help from x230t users in their thread, I wonder if they have anything similar.

Beans

Checked xorg log with debug level 12. It has a lot of information that
    repeats constantly. And it is only one short move

The only interesting info I could understand were this lines that logged only once at the beginning of the movement:

Code:
    [  1714.967] (II) Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch (6:wcmSendButtons): buttons=1
    [  1714.967] (II) Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch (4:sendAButton): TPCButton(on) button=0 state=1
    Can you look at your log with debugging to compare this options?

EDIT:
    I've compared this log to one I got from the debugging stylus movement without pressing the tip.

stylus:
    Code:
    (II) Wacom ISDv4 E6 Pen stylus (6:wcmSendEvents): abs prox=1	x=18265	y=11308	z=0	v3=0	v4=0	v5=-900	v6=0	id=0	serial=1	button=false	buttons=0
    finger:
    Code:
    (II) Wacom ISDv4 E6 Finger touch (6:wcmSendEvents): abs prox=1	x=1588	y=1049	z=0	v3=0	v4=0	v5=0	v6=0	id=3	serial=1	button=true	buttons=1
    So when using touchscreen it sends from the start "button=true" variable and no matter what.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by montemonte; January 18th, 2013 at 12:18 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

There you go. Another E6 (Fujitsu T901) reporting problems: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...xwacom-discuss

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    There you go. Another E6 (Fujitsu T901) reporting problems: http://sourceforge.net/mailarchive/f...xwacom-discuss
    And also this discussion in which guys are talking about the same behavior of the touch as I have.

Also, I don't want a left-click event as soon as i touch the screen, it
    works flawlessly with e.g. a bamboo. As long as you don't tap with a
    finger, it just moves the mouse. With the default behavior of the
    X220t, aiming right-clicks is almost impossible.
    However, I think you are right that as soon as I
    touch the screen with the first finger, a left click is already
    generated, which could be problematic.
    At the end of the thread there was an advice to use evdev driver for touch device instead of wacom driver.
    After reading that I've even tried to do that and have to say it worked someway better. There was one-finger scrolling enabled for menus and windows like nautilus or gedit, but however it was not usable as it somehow messed up all my pointer devices and didn't react on double clicking.
    A little bit offtopic but it would be great to add one finger scrolling functionality to input-wacom. As long as evdev has it I don't think its so hard to obtain.

Page 142 of 142 FirstFirst ... 4292132140141142