Page 50 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast

Thread: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Beans

Re: HOW TO: Install a LinuxWacom Kernel Driver for Tablet PC's

Hello Favux r u there,

i am trying to install the wacom on my tx2510us in jaunty this time, the problem is that it says the if i update then i have to "compile the module " THAT is what i dont know how to do and that is why when i run configure enable wacom it wont work. could you please tell me how or point me in the right direction...

THANK YOU SO MUCH

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Hi galenwilcox,

That's what section 1 in gali98's HOW TO on post #104 is for. It compiles the usb kernel driver/module wacom.ko. See: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=11 Just follow the HOW TO's instructions exactly.

Beans

favux, i am following the instruction EXACTY how they are written i am copying and pasting the commands, i have tried gali98s tutorial on compiling the module and when i get to the ".configure --enable -then the make" it will not work .. on his in the terminal it pops up and says remember if you update kernels module will not start... i also tried yours and on the same step it says the same thing.. i tried copying the whole terminal but i couldnt uplaod it because it was to large, so i just copied the bottom up till i hit the limit. on hardy the steps did not fail. when i do the command it says somthing like didrecty not found. i have tried the linux wacom project but it is far to confusing for me..

please can you help me i know that i am coping the full commands, i have tried over 50 times. and it will not start or make.. i can download , then extract and all of that and if i look in the src folder they are no wacom.ko file in there. FYI i am on jaunty on a HP tx2510us.. THANKS
    Attached Files Attached Files

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

Sorry to hear that. I don't know what you mean by:
    when i get to the ".configure --enable -then the make" it will not work .. on his in the terminal it pops up and says remember if you update kernels module will not start...
    You would have to show me the error message. You shouldn't have done my HOW TO, that's for installing the linuxwacom drivers, not just for getting the wacom.ko to replace the 0.8.2-2 wacom.ko Jaunty has.

So I think things are messed up pretty bad. We have an emergency HOW TO for your situation. Please give this in post #270 a try: http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...038949&page=27

Just be sure to change 0.8.3-4 to 0.8.3-5 each time you encounter it. If you followed his current HOW TO you should have been using 0.8.3-5. You may want to copy the commands you have to change into a text editor and change them there before copy and pasting them into the terminal.

If after the second reboot at the end things aren't working check Synaptic Package Manager. Search "wacom" (without the quotes). Make sure the two 0.8.2-2 linuxwacom packages are installed: xserver-xorg-input-wacom and wacom-tools. If they are both installed uninstall them and then reinstall them. Reboot again.

Good luck!
    Last edited by Favux; July 10th, 2009 at 03:28 AM.

Beans

Favux, PERFECT all in wacomcpl graphic...AWESOME

THANKS

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

OK, here's where you went wrong on the file you uploaded. I guess it was on my HOW TO. Your line reads:
    Code:
    shawn@laptop:~/Desktop$ cd linuxwacom-0.8.2-2./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    That's two commands strung together. First command:
    Code:
    cd linuxwacom-0.8.2-2
    which changes directory into the upacked 0.8.2-2 tar. Second command on a new line should be:
    Code:
    ./configure --enable-wacom --prefix=/usr
    which configures the unpacked 0.8.2-2 source code to get it ready for the next command:
    Code:
    make
    Do you see the difference? Since you don't want linuxwacom 0.8.2-2 its a good thing you couldn't make or install it!

Beans
    Distro

Hi galenwilcox,

Awesome! You did it! Way to go. So you're not so much of a newbie anymore, are you? Nice job.

Beans

just wondering, but when this is done should my restricted driver be disabled? like when i go to hardware drivers, no graphics one are enabled..
    From freedom came elegance.

Beans
    Distro

Hi knipp21,

You have a TX2000, correct? At least in Ubuntu we are using the Nvidia proprietary drivers without a problem. If you want to use them see if you can activate the appropriate one in Hardware Drivers. The right one should say recommended.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi knipp21,

You have a TX2000, correct? At least in Ubuntu we are using the Nvidia proprietary drivers without a problem. If you want to use them see if you can activate the appropriate one in Hardware Drivers. The right one should say recommended.

when i tried to i got this error: Reconfiguring X.org video drivers is not possible: /etc/X11/xorg.conf is invalid.
    From freedom came elegance.

Page 50 of 142 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260100 ... LastLast