Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast

Thread: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

Beans

Re: HOWTO Fix A Buggy DSDT File

Hello 67GTA and All,

For las t couple of days I was fighting DTST problems of my brand new HP Pavilion dv7-3090er. Under linux it's unable to get to ANY thermal attributes. As a result fan is minimal and system gets over heated easily. I'm unfortunate to get quite rare errors (at least no solution I came across in the internet)

Code:
    Intel ACPI Component Architecture
    ASL Optimizing Compiler version 20091112 [Nov 12 2009]
    Copyright (C) 2000 - 2009 Intel Corporation
    Supports ACPI Specification Revision 4.0

Error    4069 - Could not open file "C:\ACPI\C:\ACPI\dsdt_orig.aml" (Invalid argument)

C:\ACPI\dsdt_orig.dsl  3704:                 If (CondRefOf (FPED))
    Error    4096 -                     parse error ^

C:\ACPI\dsdt_orig.dsl  7753:                 If (IGDS)
    Error    4096 -                      parse error ^

C:\ACPI\dsdt_orig.dsl  7785:                 Else
    Error    4096 -                         parse error ^

C:\ACPI\dsdt_orig.dsl  7934:             Device  {
    Error    4096 -     parse error, expecting `$' ^
    67GTA could you take a look at this stuff please, I suspect it is a scope issue or code is placed where it shouldn't be. My knowledge of AML is too limited to get it resolved fast.

Thanks,
    Alex

P.S. Pity Ubuntu will no longer support custom DTSTs, it makes me move to OpenSUSE. Wrong decision IMHO.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by sinus0; November 19th, 2009 at 08:01 PM.

Beans

Is it possible to recompile the current karmic kernel with DSDT file support?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Hi 67GTA and others,

Would you take a look at my DSDT file? My laptop, HP Pavilion DV5162 suddenly start to act weird since I upgraded to the latest kernel. .
    The CPU fan is running at its full speed and sometimes, my processor reach
    its critical temperature limit. I googled for the solution and found that it was caused by a buggy DSDT

I have followed the How To, and there was no error and warning. For the sake of curiousity, would you like to take a look at it? Thanks a lot before.

And, I am using openSUSE 11.2 for trying this custom DSDT.
    Last edited by mamato; November 22nd, 2009 at 01:36 PM. Reason: added linux distribution
    trick : $ sudo apt-get --purge remove windows

Beans

Hi,

I've been trying to fix DSDT file from my HP 6910p but couldn't. I can get down to some 35 errors from 45 and then I'm stuck!
    Installed latest BIOS f17.

67GTA do your magic!!!
    Please!!! Help!!!
    Last edited by bronzika; November 30th, 2009 at 10:51 AM.

Beans

how do I add
    acpi_osi="Linux"

Into grub2?

Beans

hello.. i have a toshiba a305-s6848. amd turion x2. i have the phoenix bios. i have been having temp problems. so i have spent a while researching this.. especially at this thread. i have 0 errors , 0 warnings and it made 15 optimization. i never installed the custom dsdt. should i? since it has no errors. i checked /proc/acpi/fan. this is in the off state. i can turn on but it does not cool it down . i looked at several of peterwills posts as his was giving some of the same problems. my only problem is heat. i can suspend , hibernate and control lcd brightness. the only custom part on my machine is i put a 500gb wd hd in instead of the 200gb wd hd. my temp at 800mhz right now idoling at 54c. i have checked proc/acpi/ have many populated folders.. i checked ibex on live cd and temps were idol 35c. i am grub dual boot vista preinstall and ubuntu 9.04. i can play simple game like moonlander.. or more graphically sophisticated frets on fire and actually shut my pc off when i run it at 2ghz performance level or on demand.. then have to go to manual fsck and fix.. took me 3 times to realize it was heat related. if i get to 75c it shuts down. i will include my dsdt file. if u could look at it i would appreciate. this is my first post.. sorry for so long. i just wanted to make sure i covered everything. i did try to install toshutils and the other one that peterwill discussed. one was already installed but said kernel had no support.. the other one i found out will not run on phoenix bios.. as its not really 100% toshiba.. anyone have any ideas. i have ran 9.04 since it came out and until i started trying to play games i just left it on demand and had no clue of any bug.. even usb huawei broadband dongleworked except after hibernate just unplug my usb dongle plug back in and it would run my internet.

Beans

one last thing.. i have the ati x1250 integrated graphics on this toshiba a305 . and im using open drivers. as this is now considered legacy. ( 1 yr old laptop is legacy now...) can the open drivers for the video be causing this headache?

Beans

i sent the wrong file should be the dsl file? anyways here it is

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by CylnZ View Post
    Hi Peter, have you tried:

sudo apt-get install toshutils ?

Supposedly it has toshiba acpi fan controls. I found it in a round about way from this:
    http://www.linuxquestions.org/hcl/sh...duct/4080/sl/d

I was reading the acpi section and found toshutils by typing "fan" into a terminal. Toshutils doesnt help me a lick since I have a pm965 but hopefully it'll help you.
    i read this and it seems i may be right to a degree.. according to this the acpi interacts with the video card and since the x1250 is legacy and unsupported it might indicate a reason i have alot of heat being generated. i did try the acpi_osi="Linux" at grub options and i do get a more detailed dmesg.. but under my /proc/acpi/ no new functions or fan on appeared . so i am still looking for a good answer

Beans

i know this may not be of any help.. but i am trying to ge this issue solved.. i decided to run dmesg with a little twist.. to see the differences between how 9.04 and 8.10 saw my hardware. i am a newbie.. windows convert with little knowledge , but how do you learn if u dont investigate. so my system is dual boot vista 9.04. so i downloaded 8.10 and done the live disc. it showed some differences. i didnt think that 8.10 would catch more then 9.04 but in a few cases described hardware better.
    also found where linux is reporting a bios bug. i will include the 2 dmesg's if anyone wants to help. that would be great. cant learn to speak linux. if u dont understand linux.

Page 39 of 59 FirstFirst ... 29373839404149 ... LastLast