Thread: How to share your Internet connection on Ubuntu

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: How to share your Internet connection on Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by t0mc4t View Post
    How do I make that become unmanaged?
    In NM there are is "System Setting" option. Would you please let me know what is that and should I checked it?
    If I knew how to view the NM settings without actually going into NM, then I would be able to tell you. If I go and do the 'edit connections' at this stage, I'm asking for trouble, as I've seen posts where people have gone into 'edit' and actually only viewed (no changes), and then, no internet.

Sorry, don't know about the CLI side of making a connection (the connect to WiFi router with WPA2 encryption via the CLI).

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Kubuntu

Re: How to share your Internet connection on Ubuntu

Well, I spoke too soon.

Boot up today, and no internet connection. Then disbaled eth0, as the net connection (mobile boradband) used to only work, when no lan card in BIOS, .. yet still no internet.

Even with the lan disabled in bios, the drivers seemed to be still loaded, and this stopped the internet connection. Finally, in all desperation ..

Code:
    sudo /etc/init.d/NetworkManager restart
    and have the internet again. Why is the networking side of Ubuntu so "flakey" ?

Oygle

PS As this is all getting a bit off topic, maybe discussions from here will go back to http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1022569
    Last edited by oygle; January 18th, 2009 at 04:17 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12