Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast

Thread: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

Quote Originally Posted by nikmad View Post
    Your manual Dshowserver worked . Now it opens in mplayer from the terminal. First it played only audio and not video. I went into synaptic, and forced reinstall with "version 2:1.0~rc3+svn20090426-1ubuntu16+medibuntu1". Now, it opens from terminal ( "mplayer <file path>"), and plays video with no lag .
    But there is no open using mplayer option in the file browser. I tried installing smplayer but on opening it from browser, there is again only audio, no video. A solution for this and am all set. Thank you for all your help
    Umm... if your using the medibuntu mplayer, than you're probably not using dshowserver and CoreAVC. You need to patch mplayer to use dshowserver. You're probably just using FFmpeg to decode your video, which is just fine. FFmpeg has really advanced AVC decoding these days, and I only recommend using CoreAVC if your using a particularly old or slow computer.

Also, mplayer, by it's nature, is a commandline application. Don't expect it to work from a file browser, such as nautilus, without a frontend such as gnome-mplayer or smplayer.

Beans

Hey just tried following the instructions in post#1 and I'm stuck on the line:

~/mplayer-with-coreavc/coreavc-for-linux$ wget -qO - "http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f7ca459d" | patch -p0
    (Stripping trailing CRs from patch.)
    patching file loader/dshow/DS_VideoDecoder.c
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file loader/dshow/DS_VideoDecoder.c.rej
    patch unexpectedly ends in middle of line

Please help?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by zapbrannigan99 View Post
    Hey just tried following the instructions in post#1 and I'm stuck on the line:

~/mplayer-with-coreavc/coreavc-for-linux$ wget -qO - "http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f7ca459d" | patch -p0
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
    1 out of 1 hunk FAILED -- saving rejects to file loader/dshow/DS_VideoDecoder.c.rej

Please help?
    Post #1 and that patch are out of date. I don't think the dshowserver source needs to be patched anymore.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by nikmad View Post
    I tried installing smplayer but on opening it from browser, there is again only audio, no video. A solution for this and am all set. Thank you for all your help
    To have audio with Smplayer you probably need to change
    The audio output driver. In Smplayer preferences -> general -> audio -> audio output driver. Change it from alsa to pulse. (This made my audio work)

Oh and it is possible to use Smplayer with coreavc. Under preferences -> performance -> performance -> There is a checkbox 'use coreavc if no other codec is speciefied'. You can chec the logs in Smplayer if it is using coreavc

Beans

One of the steps failed and I cannot move on from there...

Code:
    $ wget -qO - "http://pastebin.com/pastebin.php?dl=f7ca459d" | patch -p0
    missing header for unified diff at line 154 of patch
    Hunk #1 FAILED at 97.
    DS_VideoDecoder.c.rej contains:
    Code:
    *** 97,103 ****

}
      #define is_avc(cc) (cc == mmioFOURCC('A', 'V', 'C', '1') || \
    -                     cc == mmioFOURCC('a', 'v', 'c', '1'))
      char *ConvertVIHtoMPEG2VI(VIDEOINFOHEADER *vih, int *size)
      {
          struct VIDEOINFOHEADER2 {
    --- 97,106 ----

}
      #define is_avc(cc) (cc == mmioFOURCC('A', 'V', 'C', '1') || \
    +                     cc == mmioFOURCC('a', 'v', 'c', '1') || \
    +                     cc == mmioFOURCC('H', '2', '6', '4') || \
    +                     cc == mmioFOURCC('h', '2', '6', '4'))
    +                     
      char *ConvertVIHtoMPEG2VI(VIDEOINFOHEADER *vih, int *size)
      {
          struct VIDEOINFOHEADER2 {
    Please tell me how I can correct this. Thank you.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Will the PPA work for 64 bit systems?

Currently I'm having problems with this error when I start gnome-mplayer:

Failed to open Win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax

I copied CoreAVCDecoder64.ax and CoreAVCDecoder.ax into /usr/share/dshowserver.

My ~/.mplayer/config is as follows:

[default]
    vc=coreserve,
    lavdopts=threads=2

[gnome-mplayer]
    msglevel=all=5

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ripps818 View Post
    Hmm...
    I was about to make a post about how a properly tweaked mplayer using only ffmpeg-mt was just as fast (if not faster) than coreavc, but with the latest dshowserver patches for mplayer, It seems that coreavc wins over ffmpeg once again, ever so slightly.

I've already upload the mplayer/dshowserver with patches to the coreavc-for-ubuntu ppa already.
    Hey Ripps - I found your PPA with the prebuilt mplayer packages - wish I'd seen these at the beginning, installed and they work

One question though - your build of mplayer crashes when I try to play anything over smb:// - any idea how to fix this?

Thanks again for the PPA though - worked first time with mplayer (had to move dshowserver.exe to the wine windows folder cause wine couldn't find it...)

Beans
    Hidden!

Hey there!

I had CoreAVC+mplayer running on my Atom EEE Box using the ppa on Karmic and everything was fine.

Some days ago, my harddisk crashed () and everything was lost. I still had the old disk lying around with Jaunty and an old CoreAVC+mplayer installation.

So I made the 2-step update from Jaunty to Karmic to Lucid, added ppa sources to apt, installed dshowserver and mplayer, installed CoreAVC 2.0 with wine and copied the CoreAVCDecoder.ax to /usr/share/dshowserver

I also renamed my old local versions of dshowserver and registercodec, so they don't interfere with the new system.

So far so good.

But when I now run "dshowserver -c CoreAVCDecoder.ax" (or just try to watch a movie using CoreAVC), the following error comes up:

Code:
    Starting wine dshowserver.exe
    No id specified, assuming test mode
    Using default width  for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 1280
    Using default height for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 720
    Using default fourcc for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x34363248
    Using default outfmt for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x30323449
    Using default outbit for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 12
    Using default GUID   for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 09571a4b-f1fe-4c60-9760de6d310c7c31
    Opening device (port is 0)
    len: 992
    ProductVersion: 2.0.0
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x64): stub
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x68): stub
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {1e651cc0-b199-11d0-8212-00c04fc32c45} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {1e651cc0-b199-11d0-8212-00c04fc32c45} could be created for context 0x1
    Warning: DS_Filter() error getting IMemAllocator interface.  (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax)
    Failed to create DirectShow filter
    Failed to open win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax
    I'm sure it finds the .ax file, because if I rename it, dshowserver makes a clear error message about the missing file.

What's going on here? Will a clear installation of Lucid help? Or is it because of the crappy Intel graphics in the Eee box in combination with changes in Lucid?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by MidBSD View Post
    Will the PPA work for 64 bit systems?

Currently I'm having problems with this error when I start gnome-mplayer:

Failed to open Win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax

I copied CoreAVCDecoder64.ax and CoreAVCDecoder.ax into

/usr/share/dshowserver.

My ~/.mplayer/config is as follows:

[default]
    vc=coreserve,
    lavdopts=threads=2

[gnome-mplayer]
    msglevel=all=5
    To be honest, I don't know if it works with 64-bit. I assumed that it would just work under 32-bit mode. You could try compliling dshowserver using mingw-w64 instead of mingw32. But I'm not sure dshowserver will recognize CoreAVCDecoder64.ax. It would probably require editing mplayer's codec.conf.

I'm sorry that I haven't been able to test it, but I don't have a x64 cpu, so I can debug these kind of problems.

Quote Originally Posted by zapbrannigan99
    Hey Ripps - I found your PPA with the prebuilt mplayer packages - wish I'd seen these at the beginning, installed and they work

One question though - your build of mplayer crashes when I try to play anything over smb:// - any idea how to fix this?

Thanks again for the PPA though - worked first time with mplayer (had to move dshowserver.exe to the wine windows folder cause wine couldn't find it...)
    You might want to talk to uau at #mplayer on irc.freenode.net. He's the developer of the mplayer-build branch I source the packages from. He might have an idea what might be up.

Quote Originally Posted by trapperjohn
    Hey there!

I had CoreAVC+mplayer running on my Atom EEE Box using the ppa on Karmic and everything was fine.

Some days ago, my harddisk crashed () and everything was lost. I still had the old disk lying around with Jaunty and an old CoreAVC+mplayer installation.

So I made the 2-step update from Jaunty to Karmic to Lucid, added ppa sources to apt, installed dshowserver and mplayer, installed CoreAVC 2.0 with wine and copied the CoreAVCDecoder.ax to /usr/share/dshowserver

I also renamed my old local versions of dshowserver and registercodec, so they don't interfere with the new system.

So far so good.

But when I now run "dshowserver -c CoreAVCDecoder.ax" (or just try to watch a movie using CoreAVC), the following error comes up:
    Code:
    Starting wine dshowserver.exe
    No id specified, assuming test mode
    Using default width  for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 1280
    Using default height for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 720
    Using default fourcc for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x34363248
    Using default outfmt for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x30323449
    Using default outbit for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 12
    Using default GUID   for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 09571a4b-f1fe-4c60-9760de6d310c7c31
    Opening device (port is 0)
    len: 992
    ProductVersion: 2.0.0
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x64): stub
    fixme:thread:SetThreadIdealProcessor (0x68): stub
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject class {1e651cc0-b199-11d0-8212-00c04fc32c45} not registered
    err:ole:CoGetClassObject no class object {1e651cc0-b199-11d0-8212-00c04fc32c45} could be created for context 0x1
    Warning: DS_Filter() error getting IMemAllocator interface.  (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax)
    Failed to create DirectShow filter
    Failed to open win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax
    I'm sure it finds the .ax file, because if I rename it, dshowserver makes a clear error message about the missing file.

What's going on here? Will a clear installation of Lucid help? Or is it because of the crappy Intel graphics in the Eee box in combination with changes in Lucid?

Thanks in advance, any help would be appreciated!
    My best guess is that it's a Wine issue. The best solution I know is to use winetricks to install dcom98.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by ripps818 View Post
    My best guess is that it's a Wine issue. The best solution I know is to use winetricks to install dcom98.

Nope, didn't work. The error stays the same after DICOM98 installation.

As I need to buy another harddrive anyway, I will try it again after fresh installation of Lucid.

Page 42 of 50 FirstFirst ... 324041424344 ... LastLast