Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast
Results 391 to 400 of 495

Thread: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

  1. #391
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Duluth, Minnesota
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by dadou View Post
    Ok, I was just asking because previously to that upgrade to your version, MPlayer has his own GUI and was shown in the applications menu. Anyway, Im gonna install a GUI and everything would be alright. By the way, Gnome MPlayer is the same as MPlayer? Because it's laggy as it have always been, kinda like it has not been upgraded as well as the command line MPlayer. Maybe I just should reinstall it.
    Both gnome-mplayer and smplayer are just front-ends for mplayer, there isn't too much reason there should be a performance difference between the two. You might need to play around with some of the options and Video Output. Mplayer isn't multithreaded by default, you need to tell how many threads to make by using `-lavdopts threads=n` (where n is the number of threads/cores your cpu can use). Gnome-mplayer has a place in Preferences to specify custom options. Although, if your using `-vc coreserve,` than coreavc should determine how many threads it needs to make.

    Many people prefer to use smplayer in Ubuntu (even though it's designed for kde/qt) because it has a lot of robust configuration options and has support for CoreAVC by just clicking a checkbox. Although, I find it uses a few too many video filters that can reduce performance if your on a particularly slower cpu.

  2. #392
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    3

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by ripps818 View Post
    Both gnome-mplayer and smplayer are just front-ends for mplayer, there isn't too much reason there should be a performance difference between the two. You might need to play around with some of the options and Video Output. Mplayer isn't multithreaded by default, you need to tell how many threads to make by using `-lavdopts threads=n` (where n is the number of threads/cores your cpu can use). Gnome-mplayer has a place in Preferences to specify custom options. Although, if your using `-vc coreserve,` than coreavc should determine how many threads it needs to make.

    Many people prefer to use smplayer in Ubuntu (even though it's designed for kde/qt) because it has a lot of robust configuration options and has support for CoreAVC by just clicking a checkbox. Although, I find it uses a few too many video filters that can reduce performance if your on a particularly slower cpu.
    Hi ripps,

    Ok, I've played around with mplayer and different of its front ends those last days. As you said, gnome-mplayer and smplayer are just front ends and are giving same results, dunno why I got a laggy gnome-mplayer at this time. Anyway, now I can play HD playback flawlessly (gotta turn off pretty much every others apps in background for 1080p ) thanks to the coreserve codec. I hope a free one will pop up soon though.
    I switched to ext4 too, can't do any bad either...
    And by the way, I noticed the VC-1 support is not perfect as well as the dvd navigation with an iso file.
    Thanks again for your work!

  3. #393
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Germany
    Beans
    46

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    ripps818,

    could you please tell me, what mplayer repository you use for your builds (https://launchpad.net/~ripps818/+archive/coreavc)? it's the git version from Uoti Urpala, right?

    a while i thought it's that one here:
    http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git/shortlog
    but according to the git tags it doesn't seem to be so.

  4. #394
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Duluth, Minnesota
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by t.alex View Post
    ripps818,

    could you please tell me, what mplayer repository you use for your builds (https://launchpad.net/~ripps818/+archive/coreavc)? it's the git version from Uoti Urpala, right?

    a while i thought it's that one here:
    http://repo.or.cz/w/mplayer.git/shortlog
    but according to the git tags it doesn't seem to be so.
    Sorry It took me soo long to reply, the repository I use is called mplayer-build, I think it uses the repository you specified as a submodule. My package uses that mplayer with ffmpeg-mt included internally as another submodule.

  5. #395
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    5

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Hi,

    I installed yesterday the new release of Ubuntu (Lucid), then installed wine1.1.42-0ubuntu4, and your built packages of mplayer and dshowserver.

    Testing the codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax in /usr/share/dshowserver with your binary dshowserver returned an error :

    dshowserver -c CoreAVCDecoder.ax
    Starting wine dshowserver.exe
    No id specified, assuming test mode
    Using default width for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 1280
    Using default height for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 720
    Using default fourcc for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x34363248
    Using default outfmt for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x30323449
    Using default outbit for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 12
    Using default GUID for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 09571a4b-f1fe-4c60-9760de6d310c7c31
    Opening device (port is 0)
    Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL. (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax)
    Failed to create DirectShow filter
    Failed to open win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax


    Could it be because of the Wine version ?

    Thanks for all your investment.

  6. #396
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Duluth, Minnesota
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by djerom View Post
    Hi,

    I installed yesterday the new release of Ubuntu (Lucid), then installed wine1.1.42-0ubuntu4, and your built packages of mplayer and dshowserver.

    Testing the codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax in /usr/share/dshowserver with your binary dshowserver returned an error :

    dshowserver -c CoreAVCDecoder.ax
    Starting wine dshowserver.exe
    No id specified, assuming test mode
    Using default width for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 1280
    Using default height for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 720
    Using default fourcc for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x34363248
    Using default outfmt for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 0x30323449
    Using default outbit for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 12
    Using default GUID for CoreAVCDecoder.ax: 09571a4b-f1fe-4c60-9760de6d310c7c31
    Opening device (port is 0)
    Warning: DS_Filter() could not open DirectShow DLL. (DLL=CoreAVCDecoder.ax)
    Failed to create DirectShow filter
    Failed to open win32 codec CoreAVCDecoder.ax


    Could it be because of the Wine version ?

    Thanks for all your investment.
    Hmm... do you have any leftover scripts from previous coreavc attempts. The default script generated by coreavc-for-linux doesn't work with the setup I use with my dshowserver package. Check your /usr/local/bin and $HOME/bin directories to see if a different script is being run instead of the one installed in /usr/bin.

  7. #397
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Brazil
    Beans
    4
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

    Thumbs down Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Well, rips818, you rocks. I was trying to compile a MPlayer with CoreAVC support using the instructions from the CoreAVC-for-Linux homepage, but it didn't work. Your PPA works like a charm for me (using a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.4, CoreAVC 2.0).

  8. #398
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Beans
    5

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by ripps818 View Post
    Hmm... do you have any leftover scripts from previous coreavc attempts. The default script generated by coreavc-for-linux doesn't work with the setup I use with my dshowserver package. Check your /usr/local/bin and $HOME/bin directories to see if a different script is being run instead of the one installed in /usr/bin.
    Hello,

    I was using a codec built from a Windows XP installation. Installing the codec with Wine finally worked great ! No more issue.

    MPlayer and this codec rocks !

  9. #399
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Duluth, Minnesota
    Beans
    108
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by djerom View Post
    Hello,

    I was using a codec built from a Windows XP installation. Installing the codec with Wine finally worked great ! No more issue.

    MPlayer and this codec rocks !
    Ah, yes. You can't just copy the codec, you have to actually install it. CoreAVC relies on user data stored in the wine windows registry to operate.

  10. #400
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Beans
    24
    Distro
    Ubuntu

    Re: [Howto] MPlayer with CoreAVC

    Quote Originally Posted by m45t3r View Post
    Well, rips818, you rocks. I was trying to compile a MPlayer with CoreAVC support using the instructions from the CoreAVC-for-Linux homepage, but it didn't work. Your PPA works like a charm for me (using a fresh install of Ubuntu 10.4, CoreAVC 2.0).
    +1, thank you very much!!!

Page 40 of 50 FirstFirst ... 303839404142 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •