Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

Re: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Quote Originally Posted by griggs2 View Post
    I'm on MythBuntu 12.04.3 LTS, using MythTV 0.26.

When I change the Repos setting in MCC to 0.27 I get the warning that 0.27 is still in development, yet the MythTV website lists 0.27 as having been released as of Sept 18, 2013.

So two questions -
    1) Am I OK to go ahead and update to 0.27, or should I wait a bit longer?
    2) Is the MythBuntu MCC going to be changed/updated so that it doesn't give that warning any more?

Thanks!
    There is a refresh button in the MCC near where you select the Mythtv release you want. I had to refresh first and then select 0.27.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by novellahub View Post
    There is a refresh button in the MCC near where you select the Mythtv release you want. I had to refresh first and then select 0.27.
    Oh, I can change to the 0.27 Repo, that's not the problem - I just get the warning that it's still in Dev state (when in fact it's been recently changed to a "Released" state.)

./iz

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by griggs2 View Post
    Oh, I can change to the 0.27 Repo, that's not the problem - I just get the warning that it's still in Dev state (when in fact it's been recently changed to a "Released" state.)

./iz
    If you hit the 'refresh' button, it downloads a new release file and then it doesn't say it's in Dev state anymore.
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    If you hit the 'refresh' button, it downloads a new release file and then it doesn't say it's in Dev state anymore.
    <face palm mode on> Stupid! Stupid! Stupid! <face palm mode off>

Well now don't I feel like an idiot!?

Thanks for the "secret" button push!

I'll crawl back under the sheets now and hide myself in shame.

Thanks!

Beans

Is 12.04 still supported, or has it now reached end-of-life?

I notice that http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0...-i386/Packages is still at 2:0.27.4+fixes.20150418.7860e91, while http://ppa.launchpad.net/mythbuntu/0...-i386/Packages has been updated to 2:0.27.4+fixes.20150426.bcdaa88.

The reason I ask is that the current precise package has a rather major mythwelcome bug (https://code.mythtv.org/trac/ticket/12441) which has apparently been fixed in the 20150426 build.

Beans

I didn't realise how old this thread was

Reports of the death of 12.04 have been greatly exaggerated - a new set of packages got built yesterday. Thanks all!

Beans

How often is the 0.28 repo built for trusty?

I've installed 0.28 and have a few issues I might submit bug reports for, but it would be nice if there were regular builds to see if the issues have already been fixed, or to confirm quickly once a fix has been put in place.

Thanks
    Ben

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by melben View Post
    How often is the 0.28 repo built for trusty?

I've installed 0.28 and have a few issues I might submit bug reports for, but it would be nice if there were regular builds to see if the issues have already been fixed, or to confirm quickly once a fix has been put in place.

Thanks
    Ben
    It's built daily, as long as there is an upstream change.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    It's built daily, as long as there is an upstream change.
    I don't really know which branch I should be looking at but when I look at the MythTV Commits list:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/

and the recent closed tickets:
    https://code.mythtv.org/trac/report/14

there seems to be commits after the 7th, but that's the last time it was built.

The commits are for "fixes/0.28" and "master".

Is this just a timing thing, or am I not understanding how this works.

I'm not in a hurry for any of these particular fixes, just want to understand how things happen.

Thanks
    Ben

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by melben View Post
    I don't really know which branch I should be looking at but when I look at the MythTV Commits list:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/lists/mythtv/commits/

and the recent closed tickets:
    https://code.mythtv.org/trac/report/14

there seems to be commits after the 7th, but that's the last time it was built.

The commits are for "fixes/0.28" and "master".

Is this just a timing thing, or am I not understanding how this works.

I'm not in a hurry for any of these particular fixes, just want to understand how things happen.

Thanks
    Ben
    Just had a minute to look at this and it looks like it broke when we added ARM64 builds. (The builds were still working, but weren't getting moved to the right location) I've just commited a fix for this and hope to see the new builds there in a few minutes

Page 35 of 36 FirstFirst ... 2533343536 LastLast