Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast

Thread: mythbuntu-repos, mythtv-updates, mythbuntu-updates - Questions or Issues

Beans

Re: Weekly Builds for Hardy, Intrepid, Jaunty

My Jaunty box is running trunk 22179. Weirdly, a fresh build from SVN is reporting 21995, so there's my problem.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I want to change to trunk.

I need to run apt-get dist-upgrade to get "mythtv mythtv-backend mythtv-backend-master mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-frontend mythtv-transcode-utils openbox".

apt-get upgrade will only give me:
    "libmyth-perl libmyth-python mythtv-doc mythtv-theme-gray-osd mythtv-theme-isthmus mythtv-theme-iulius mythtv-theme-iulius-osd
    mythtv-theme-minimalist-wide mythtv-theme-mythcenter mythtv-theme-mythcenter-wide mythtv-theme-retro mythtv-theme-retro-osd mythtv-theme-titivillus
    mythtv-theme-titivillus-osd mythtv-themes mythweb nvidia-180-modaliases"

Should i go with upgrade first and then dist-upgrade or should i do dist-upgrade only?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Nikas View Post
    I want to change to trunk.

I need to run apt-get dist-upgrade to get "mythtv mythtv-backend mythtv-backend-master mythtv-common mythtv-database mythtv-frontend mythtv-transcode-utils openbox".

apt-get upgrade will only give me:
    "libmyth-perl libmyth-python mythtv-doc mythtv-theme-gray-osd mythtv-theme-isthmus mythtv-theme-iulius mythtv-theme-iulius-osd
    mythtv-theme-minimalist-wide mythtv-theme-mythcenter mythtv-theme-mythcenter-wide mythtv-theme-retro mythtv-theme-retro-osd mythtv-theme-titivillus
    mythtv-theme-titivillus-osd mythtv-themes mythweb nvidia-180-modaliases"

Should i go with upgrade first and then dist-upgrade or should i do dist-upgrade only?
    Odd, did you do an apt-get update
    *Don't PM me directly for support, open a new thread
    *Looking for a MythTV quick start guide?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Quote Originally Posted by tgm4883 View Post
    Odd, did you do an apt-get update
    Yes.
    I have installed the updates but mythtv are unable to upgrade my database... so i cant use .22.

Its discussed here:
    http://www.gossamer-threads.com/list...v/users/399413

I'm having problems with the "oldrecorded"-table.
    I have tried all the suggestions here http://www.mythtv.org/wiki/Fixing_Co...abase_Encoding without success.

I dont want to loose oldrecorded. 9000 recordings.
    Last edited by Nikas; October 10th, 2009 at 07:13 PM.

Beans

I am getting a "could not download all repository indexes" message for the weekly trunk-0.22 update. I am on 9.04 and I have been running trunk for a couple of months now and upgrading weekly went fine. Is this permanent or temporary? I did notice the the mythtv devs have started a 0.22-fixes branch. Does this have anything to do with it? Can I do something to fix it or should I just sit and wait for things to get sorted out?

Edit: These are the US weekly builds.
    Edit 2: When I switch to the ppa builds I get "Partial Upgrade" Warning and won't let me upgrade "mythtv, mythtv-backend, mythtv-common, mythtv-database, mythtv-frontend, mythtv-transcode-utils"
    Last edited by mythding; October 15th, 2009 at 03:27 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by mythding View Post
    I am getting a "could not download all repository indexes" message for the weekly trunk-0.22 update. I am on 9.04 and I have been running trunk for a couple of months now and upgrading weekly went fine. Is this permanent or temporary? I did notice the the mythtv devs have started a 0.22-fixes branch. Does this have anything to do with it? Can I do something to fix it or should I just sit and wait for things to get sorted out?

Edit: These are the US weekly builds.
    Edit 2: When I switch to the ppa builds I get "Partial Upgrade" Warning and won't let me upgrade "mythtv, mythtv-backend, mythtv-common, mythtv-database, mythtv-frontend, mythtv-transcode-utils"
    Don't use the US repo for now. Use either the PPA or UK. The partial upgrade warning might be because things are currently building. So try back later.

:EDIT:

Check here https://edge.launchpad.net/~mythbunt...ive/trunk-0.22

As long as all the version numbers match there it should be fine. Myththemes shouldn't matter.
    Last edited by tgm4883; October 15th, 2009 at 05:42 PM.

Beans

I've been trying since last night. Just tried right now with the same issue. It looks like they built just fine at the PPA about 18 hours ago. I am currently running version 22240 of both front and backends.

Thank you.
    Last edited by mythding; October 15th, 2009 at 05:58 PM.

Beans
    Distro

Odd, why won't it let you upgrade?

Beans

Got tired of it and used Synaptic instead of update manager and that got the job done. Hopefully that did not screw anything up.

Beans

Any news on the 0.22 rc2 build?

Page 16 of 36 FirstFirst ... 6141516171826 ... LastLast