Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Grub stage 1.5read error

Beans

Re: Grub stage 1.5read error

It sounds like Grub installed correctly, but once again Grub failed to boot on start up. You mentioned in your first post about the Super Grub Disk; have you tried using that to boot the USB drive, and does that give you any different results? Also, how about using the Super Grub Disk to reinstall Grub to the USB drive, because sometimes using a slightly different version of Grub can make a difference with unpredictable Grub errors like you are getting. You also might want to check the manufacturer's website for your motherboard and see if there is a BIOS upgrade available, because that might resolve your problem. Good luck and keep me posted about what you find and whether the Super Grub Disk helps at all.

Beans

Thank you for your advices! I will try Super Grub Disk.

Beans

Okey, I've got a stange problem here too..

When i boot from the Super Grub Disk Cdrom everything is okay, but when i am in the GNU/Linux menu (Fix Boot of Gnu/Linux (GRUB), Boot Gnu/Linux, Boot Gnu/Linux Directly, Gnu/Linux (Advanced))
    and select something it just flashes a blue menu and then it stands "selectfile XXX" where X is some path to some file.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12