Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

Quote Originally Posted by jbbjshlws View Post
    Hello, i checked the /etc/network/interfaces, and it is set correctly (this is to say i have it set to eth2, but that's because i have got it as the 2nd card in the server. i did sudo the exportfs command, as without doing this it produced an error. So we are still stuck!
    Bugger!,

Any other suggestions?

Cheers,
    Josh
    Hi Josh, one thing I've just noticed is that in your earlier error message at boot up the portmap was looking for server 10.54.12.5, whereas in your /etc/hosts lists your server is 10.65.12.5. I think this is what is causing the problem. Can you check all your config files, especially the dhcp and dns settings. I think somewhere the ip address of your server has been entered wrongly. If you can't find anything you could always change the ip addresses you are using to 10.54.*.* instead of 10.65.*.* to see if this works.

Beans

Im at the same issue and all my IP addresses are consistent...

Beans

OK! good eyes! that worked, i have now been able to finish this guide!!
    yahoo!!!, now what can i run on it that would test it?

something that would normally run on one computer and take X time, that i can run on the cluster and take X/nodes??

as soon as i can see that it is fully functional i will start on your request biggles, and try to integrate it into a gui system to allow all of the nodes to still be of some use while sharing the processes. does anyone else know the best way to skin this cat?

Cheers, thankyou heaps for getting me this far,

Joshua!

Beans
    Distro

OK! good eyes! that worked, i have now been able to finish this guide!!
    yahoo!!!, now what can i run on it that would test it?

something that would normally run on one computer and take X time, that i can run on the cluster and take X/nodes??

as soon as i can see that it is fully functional i will start on your request biggles, and try to integrate it into a gui system to allow all of the nodes to still be of some use while sharing the processes. does anyone else know the best way to skin this cat?

Cheers, thankyou heaps for getting me this far,

Joshua!
    No problems, happy to help! Glad you've finally got it all working!! You could try some benchmarking software to start, what was the one they used on Microwulf?

Beans

Hmm spoke to soon, it seems i was able to get all the correct prompts as per the howto guide, but on further inspection it seems as if it is not working, i went to the link below to check to see if it was running:

http://www.kerrighed.org/wiki/index.php/FAQ
    How do I know if the cluster is running? (aka How can I check that krgadm cluster start succeeded?)

Several ways:

* On the cluster nodes, the kernel log contains a line like

Kerrighed is running on XX nodes

where XX is the number of nodes.
    * /proc/cpuinfo shows all CPUs of the cluster
    * /proc/meminfo shows all memory of the cluster
    * /proc/stat shows stats about all CPUs of the cluster

and all of the log files are blank, in fact the entire /proc directory is empty, (/nfsboot/kerrighed/proc from the server) so i am not sure what has gone wrong. i have backed up the whole system just in case something really weird happens and i loose everything!...

I also checked the info when i type in the "top" command into terminal and from what i understand my result should have several lines of cpu's, please let me know if this looks correct (only posted the top half of the output)

Code:
    top - 04:09:46 up 19:29,  0 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.04, 0.01
    Tasks:  43 total,   1 running,  42 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 20.6%us,  0.3%sy,  0.0%ni, 78.1%id,  0.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.7%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:    256400k total,   138540k used,   117860k free,     9848k buffers
    Swap:   262120k total,        0k used,   262120k free,   102368k cached

any help is appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Josh

Beans
    Distro

Hmm spoke to soon, it seems i was able to get all the correct prompts as per the howto guide, but on further inspection it seems as if it is not working, i went to the link below to check to see if it was running:

and all of the log files are blank, in fact the entire /proc directory is empty, (/nfsboot/kerrighed/proc from the server) so i am not sure what has gone wrong. i have backed up the whole system just in case something really weird happens and i loose everything!...

I also checked the info when i type in the "top" command into terminal and from what i understand my result should have several lines of cpu's, please let me know if this looks correct (only posted the top half of the output)

Code:
    top - 04:09:46 up 19:29,  0 users,  load average: 0.10, 0.04, 0.01
    Tasks:  43 total,   1 running,  42 sleeping,   0 stopped,   0 zombie
    Cpu(s): 20.6%us,  0.3%sy,  0.0%ni, 78.1%id,  0.0%wa,  0.3%hi,  0.7%si,  0.0%st
    Mem:    256400k total,   138540k used,   117860k free,     9848k buffers
    Swap:   262120k total,        0k used,   262120k free,   102368k cached

any help is appreciated,
    Cheers,
    Josh
    Hi Josh, /nfsroot/kerrighed/proc on the server should be blank but when the nodes are up and running the /proc directory on each of them should contain information about that machine and the rest of the cluster nodes. Have you set nbmin=0 and the session=1 in /nfsroot/kerrighed/etc/kerrighed_nodes? Also, the line in dmesg kerrighed running on xx nodes will not be present until you run: sudo krgadm cluster start on one of the nodes. Does sudo krgadm nodes from a node list all the kerrighed nodes in the form node_id:session? Can you post your dmesg from a cluster node.

Beans

Hi..

My nodes are still not booting..

Here is a screen shot..

Obviously im all in Virtualbox.. Is that an issue?

I have run through the entire setup process again to make sure i havent missed anything for a 5th time...
    Last edited by djdirty; May 6th, 2009 at 10:47 AM.

Beans

ok i have checked the /nfsroot/kerrighed/etc/kerrighed_nodes file and it is as you described,

when sudo krgadm nodes is ran, i get the result of 4 nodes (out of 4) in the list (6:1, 7:1, 8:1, 10:1),

If i try to access the proc directory from a node it seems to hang, if i look in the proc directory on the server, it is still empty even after i have typed in krgadm cluster start

i cannot post the dmesg from a node as there is nothing in the directory,

Cheers,
    Last edited by jbbjshlws; May 6th, 2009 at 01:27 PM.

Beans

All sorted..

For anyone setting up in Virtualbox.. The Adapter type needs to be the Intel Server for the server and Intel Desktop for clients..

Beans

Ok.. Ive mucked around with my dhcpd.conf for a bit.. I want the DHCP to give any pc that asks for an IP address and start to load Kerrighed.. Anyone wanna upload there conf file that has this setup!

I dont want to have to enter in allll MAC addresses..

Page 19 of 49 FirstFirst ... 9171819202129 ... LastLast