Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast

Thread: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

Beans

Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

Quote Originally Posted by D3ATH-D3AL3R View Post
    I did what you said. But still cant boot my nodes.BTW i am using ubuntu 9.04. Will it works??? (the guide is for ubuntu 8.04)
    You may have to specify BOOT=nfs in kernel command line. Also make sure that your NIC driver is either built in the kernel, or is put in the initramfs. Again, this is how Debian's initramfs-tools works. I don't know if Ubuntu changes initramfs-tools.

Thanks,

Louis

Beans

[SOLVED]
    I read thread 155 (thanx to nerdopolis) and everything went fine.

Thnx again

Beans

Hi dears
    I want to run a sample MPI C or C++ program for example hello word on two computers running Ubuntu,Eclipse and MPI. I can run MPI on each of these two PC and define virtual nodes with this command:
    -np "number of nodes" ${workspace_loc:"project name"}/Debug/"project name"
    in the program arguments. it works fine and now I want to run distributed computing on two PCs connected to each other through ethernet P2P network. can anybody help me how to configure Eclipse and network connection to do this?
    Maybe I have to mention that each of these PCs have just one core!

Beans

Hi gys....
    I am stuck in part 2 of the guide. I have compiled the kernel 3 times but every time i cant find the file /etc/kerrighed_nodes file. I have checked these files:

/boot/vmlinuz-2.6.20-krg (Kerrighed kernel)
    /boot/System.map (Kernel symbol table)
    /lib/modules/2.6.20-krg (Kerrighed kernel module)
    /etc/init.d/kerrighed (Kerrighed service script)
    /etc/default/kerrighed (Kerrighed service configuration file)
    /usr/local/share/man/* (Look inside these subdirectories for Kerrighed man pages)
    /usr/local/bin/krgadm (The cluster administration tool)
    /usr/local/bin/krgcapset (Tool for setting capabilities of processes on the cluster)
    /usr/local/bin/krgcr-run (Tool for checkpointing processes)
    /usr/local/bin/migrate (Tool for migrating processes)
    /usr/local/lib/libkerrighed-* (Libraries needed by Kerrighed)
    /usr/local/include/kerrighed (Headers for Kerrighed libraries)

They are there but i dont know where i m going wrong. Moreover i dont have the grub folder in /boot. BTW i m using ubuntu 8.04.4 and i have gcc3.3 and gcc4.2 , g++3.3 and g++4.2. And my nodes are booting fine with the new kernel. But without the /etc/kerrighed_nodes file it is useless.

Thnx in advance....
    Last edited by D3ATH-D3AL3R; June 27th, 2010 at 06:59 PM.

Beans

And my nodes are booting fine with the new kernel. But without the /etc/kerrighed_nodes file it is useless.
    You are supposed to write this file if you want to use it.
    Code:
    $ man 5 kerrighed_nodes
    details the contents of this file.

However, you should node that the use of /etc/kerrighed_nodes has been deprecated for a long time. The related documentation has even been removed in Kerrighed 3.0.0.

Thanks,

Louis

Beans

Hi gys... I have succesfully implemented kerrighed 2.4.1 in ubuntu 8.04. Now i m trying to set up a cluster with kerrighed 3.0 and ubuntu 9.04. I keep getting this error during kernel compilation.
    CC arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.o
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:In function 'import_vdso_context':
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: 'compat' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:322: error: 'vdso_pages' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:324: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:325: error: 'vdso_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[3]: *** [arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [arch/x86/vdso] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

This error occurs during make command.

Beans

Hi gys... I have succesfully implemented kerrighed 2.4.1 in ubuntu 8.04. Now i m trying to set up a cluster with kerrighed 3.0 and ubuntu 9.04. I keep getting this error during kernel compilation.
    CC arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.o
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:In function 'import_vdso_context':
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: 'compat' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: (Each undeclared identifier is reported only once
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:321: error: for each function it appears in.)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:322: error: 'vdso_pages' undeclared (first use in this function)
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:324: warning: comparison between pointer and integer
    /usr/src/kerrighed-3.0.0/_kernel/arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.c:325: error: 'vdso_size' undeclared (first use in this function)
    make[3]: *** [arch/x86/vdso/vdso32-setup.o] Error 1 make[2]: *** [arch/x86/vdso] Error 2
    make[1]: *** [sub-make] Error 2
    make: *** [all] Error 2

This error occurs during make command.
    You must disable IA32 emulation (see
    http://www.kerrighed.org/wiki/index.....2Fdisable_.3F).

I could swear I made this impossible to build a Kerrighed kernel with this option enabled. How did you configure the kernel?

Thanks,

Louis

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lrilling View Post
    You must disable IA32 emulation (see
    http://www.kerrighed.org/wiki/index.....2Fdisable_.3F).

I could swear I made this impossible to build a Kerrighed kernel with this option enabled. How did you configure the kernel?

Thanks,

Louis
    Hello. I have same problem.
    I built a kernel in an automatic mode using the command build Kerrighed from the manual. http://www.kerrighed.org/docs/releases/3.0/INSTALL

After I got this error I tried to compile a kernel manually.
    But menuсonfig haven't this option I'm build kernel with GCC-4.4. May be problem in GCC?

I'm use Ubuntu 10.04.

Other ideas? Thank you.
    Last edited by Hereticq2; July 6th, 2010 at 09:09 PM.

Beans

Hi Everyone!

I'm trying to set up a kerrighed cluster with this howto:
    https://wiki.ubuntu.com/EasyUbuntuCl...edClusterGuide

I have this problem:
    root@kerrighedserver:/usr/src/kerrighed-2.4.1/kernel# make kernel-install

make -C /usr/src/kerrighed-2.4.1/_kernel O=/usr/src/kerrighed-2.4.1/kernel kernel-install
    make[2]: *** No rule to make target `kernel-install'. Stop.
    make[1]: *** [kernel-install] Error 2
    make: *** [kernel-install] Error 2

if anyone has answer please let me know... I'm stuck here.

Best regards.
    Last edited by Erwanenharma; July 7th, 2010 at 11:45 AM.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Hereticq2 View Post
    Hello. I have same problem.
    I built a kernel in an automatic mode using the command build Kerrighed from the manual. http://www.kerrighed.org/docs/releases/3.0/INSTALL

After I got this error I tried to compile a kernel manually.
    But menuсonfig haven't this option
    Or are you trying to build for 32 bits? This is not supported and (my fault) not checked for in menuconfig.

Thanks,

Louis

Page 38 of 49 FirstFirst ... 28363738394048 ... LastLast