Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 100 of 489

Thread: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    hi everyone

    I tried to create cluster for a simulation for the 1st time
    and I followed the tutorial ,
    for installing process until the end of tutorial ,everything works fine with some problems which were solved. ^_^

    for an intro ,i just try to use 2 nodes and 1 server ( UBUNTU server hardy )
    i check with "top" in node cluster , it appears 3 CPUs

    when i try to execute my simulation in server (reach the CPU USAGE =100%)
    but when i see in node cluster ,all of CPUs ( 3 CPUs) doesn't appear CPU USAGE (100%),it means none of them shows CPU USAGE =100% or share the LOAD from server.

    i think ,the problem is i dont know how to use kerrighed ,so it can share the load of server

    thank you


    agung aryo

  2. #92
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    hi robasc,
    I'm beginner in ubuntu,
    i've read yours ,it's long to read
    but it's nice
    i just want to know,
    does your current kernel have NFS module ?

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    40
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by agungaryo View Post
    hi everyone

    I tried to create cluster for a simulation for the 1st time
    and I followed the tutorial ,
    for installing process until the end of tutorial ,everything works fine with some problems which were solved. ^_^

    for an intro ,i just try to use 2 nodes and 1 server ( UBUNTU server hardy )
    i check with "top" in node cluster , it appears 3 CPUs

    when i try to execute my simulation in server (reach the CPU USAGE =100%)
    but when i see in node cluster ,all of CPUs ( 3 CPUs) doesn't appear CPU USAGE (100%),it means none of them shows CPU USAGE =100% or share the LOAD from server.

    i think ,the problem is i dont know how to use kerrighed ,so it can share the load of server

    thank you


    agung aryo
    Hi agung aryo, the server should not be running the kerrighed kernel, only the nodes should. Therefore any application run on the server won't migrate to the nodes. You have to ssh into one of the nodes, and launch the application/simulation from a node. If the application/simulation uses multiple processes, then you should see the processes migrate to all CPUs in the cluster and all of the nodes should reach CPU USAGE = 100% if you're working it hard enough.

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    33

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Hello agungaryo, I am not sure about an nfs module. I am very new to this as well. Hopefully everyone together can solve this issue.

    Also, I would like to inform everyone that I installed 8.04 amd64 on the cluster and it booted up just fine and was able to log in on the nodes.

    But I did run across a problem when installing kerrighed.

    Here is the issue:

    1. ) When I began performing the downloads awk was not found. The program asked me to download gawk. So I did. Don't know if anyone else run in to this before.

    2. ) When I got down to configuring the kernel I left this at default. I am not sure of how to configure the kernel and check the nfs and network card driver?

    3. ) And finally I run the make install and it failed. Here is the fault instructions:

    root@master-node:/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0# make
    Making all in modules
    make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0/modules'
    make -C "/usr/src/linux-2.6.20" modules_prepare
    make[2]: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.20'
    CHK include/linux/version.h
    CHK include/linux/utsrelease.h
    make[2]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.6.20'
    touch .modules_prepare
    rm -f "/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0/modules/asm"
    [ "/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0" == "/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0" ] || lndir -silent "/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0/modules"
    [: 1: ==: unexpected operator
    /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0/modules: From and to directories are identical!
    make[1]: *** [all-y] Error 1
    make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0/modules'
    make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1
    root@master-node:/usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0#
    Not sure what is going on here. It seems there is a duplicate of /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0?

    Anyone?

    Going back to the ubuntu 8.10 amd64 version, I am going to install another partition so I can keep hammering away at it. Hopefully I will find the reason for nfs not working.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by robasc View Post
    Hello agungaryo, I am not sure about an nfs module. I am very new to this as well. Hopefully everyone together can solve this issue.

    Also, I would like to inform everyone that I installed 8.04 amd64 on the cluster and it booted up just fine and was able to log in on the nodes.

    But I did run across a problem when installing kerrighed.

    Here is the issue:

    1. ) When I began performing the downloads awk was not found. The program asked me to download gawk. So I did. Don't know if anyone else run in to this before.

    2. ) When I got down to configuring the kernel I left this at default. I am not sure of how to configure the kernel and check the nfs and network card driver?

    3. ) And finally I run the make install and it failed. Here is the fault instructions:



    Not sure what is going on here. It seems there is a duplicate of /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0?

    Anyone?

    Going back to the ubuntu 8.10 amd64 version, I am going to install another partition so I can keep hammering away at it. Hopefully I will find the reason for nfs not working.
    (1) I think that's fine
    (2) even the default has selected the necessary module but you must ensure that your network driver and NFS is included in kernel because I've seen the default setting doesn't include some network drivers, I'm also got a problem from this step, my node has SIS network Card . but after i compiled the kernel n node try to boot ,the network card wasn' detected even I've included the SIS driver module.my solution is "i change the network card" ,hi2
    (3) I see, yup it's true. . .it's "numpuk" (indo)
    i guess , U must try to enter the kerrighed directory and
    do " make clean" and " make uninstall"
    and repeat the step


    for the interpid amd64 ,u can try to check Ur current kernel with .
    "lsmod | grep nfs" , i think nfs ( maybe client) must present because "test diskless boot "is node try to boot with our current kernel

    sorry if my answer above is wrong

    thank you

    agung aryo ( AccessNet )

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Beans
    40
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by robasc View Post
    Hello agungaryo, I am not sure about an nfs module. I am very new to this as well. Hopefully everyone together can solve this issue.

    Also, I would like to inform everyone that I installed 8.04 amd64 on the cluster and it booted up just fine and was able to log in on the nodes.

    But I did run across a problem when installing kerrighed.

    Here is the issue:

    1. ) When I began performing the downloads awk was not found. The program asked me to download gawk. So I did. Don't know if anyone else run in to this before.

    2. ) When I got down to configuring the kernel I left this at default. I am not sure of how to configure the kernel and check the nfs and network card driver?

    3. ) And finally I run the make install and it failed. Here is the fault instructions:



    Not sure what is going on here. It seems there is a duplicate of /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0?

    Anyone?

    Going back to the ubuntu 8.10 amd64 version, I am going to install another partition so I can keep hammering away at it. Hopefully I will find the reason for nfs not working.
    Hi robasc, yet I've noted a couple of errors in the guide when doing the fresh install yesterday. I response to 1) it should be gawk you install and not awk. 2) the default config doesn't necessarily install you NIC in the kernel. I think if I remember correctly, if you go to Device Drivers ---> Network Drivers ---> and then 10/100 or 1000 you can choose to install your network card. Make sure it isn't installed as a module (not a "M"). The NFS v3 is normally installed by the default config. As for 3) I'll have a look at what I did, as I can remember getting this error before I managed to get it working but somehow managed to find a work around. I'll let you know.

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    21

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by robasc View Post
    Hello agungaryo, I am not sure about an nfs module. I am very new to this as well. Hopefully everyone

    together can solve this issue.

    Also, I would like to inform everyone that I installed 8.04 amd64 on the cluster and it booted up just fine and was able to log

    in on the nodes.

    But I did run across a problem when installing kerrighed.

    Here is the issue:

    1. ) When I began performing the downloads awk was not found. The program asked me to download gawk. So I did. Don't know if

    anyone else run in to this before.

    2. ) When I got down to configuring the kernel I left this at default. I am not sure of how to configure the kernel and check

    the nfs and network card driver?

    3. ) And finally I run the make install and it failed. Here is the fault instructions:



    Not sure what is going on here. It seems there is a duplicate of /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0?

    Anyone?

    Going back to the ubuntu 8.10 amd64 version, I am going to install another partition so I can keep hammering away at it.

    Hopefully I will find the reason for nfs not working.
    Interesting. I think problem three is a result of installing build-essential. I think it installs version 4.x of gcc. This

    would cause a problem with kerrighed, as it only likes 3.3 of gcc. Gcc-3.3 is installed to /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 instead of

    /usr/bin/gcc. You'll probably have to copy gcc-3.3 to /usr/bin/gcc , or create a symbolic link. As I don't know much about

    symbolic links I'll tell you how to copy gcc-3.3 . I don't know why there would be a duplicate of /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0

    First chroot to /nfsroot/kerrighed
    Code:
    sudo chroot /nfsroot/kerrighed
    Then check for /usr/bin/gcc-3.3
    Code:
    ls /usr/bin/gcc-3.3
    If there was no output for that, the following won't work. The output should be "/usr/bin/gcc-3.3" . If there was no output

    install gcc-3.3 ( sudo apt-get install gcc-3.3 ) and try again.

    First back up your old version of gcc:
    Code:
    cp /usr/bin/gcc{,.old}
    Then copy gcc-3.3 to /usr/bin/gcc
    Code:
    cp /usr/bin/gcc{-3.3,}
    You may need to delete your /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0 and /usr/src/linux-2.6.20 (in chroot [/nfsroot/kerrighed]) and redownload

    them.

    Code:
    rm -rf /usr/src/kerrighed-2.3.0 /usr/src/linux-2.6.20
    Then start from the third code line (right after chrooting and apt-get) in part 2.1 in bigjimjams's guide. Make sure to compile the kernel with the correct options. See above posts for how to do that.

    Then the compile should go ok, unless you had another problem too.

    If you want to change back things once you're done just move /usr/bin/gcc.old to /usr/bin/gcc
    Last edited by jedi453; March 20th, 2009 at 07:47 PM.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Beans
    7

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by bigjimjams View Post
    Hi agung aryo, the server should not be running the kerrighed kernel, only the nodes should. Therefore any application run on the server won't migrate to the nodes. You have to ssh into one of the nodes, and launch the application/simulation from a node. If the application/simulation uses multiple processes, then you should see the processes migrate to all CPUs in the cluster and all of the nodes should reach CPU USAGE = 100% if you're working it hard enough.
    hi bigjimjams,


    client (10.14.200.0/24)<---------->server simulation (ubuntu server)<-------> nodes cluster (192.168.1.0/24)

    my simulation is in server ( ubuntu server)
    - u mean that I must reinstall the simulation at node cluster ?
    - my simulation has client server application if i install at node cluster the client should access 192.168.1.0 network ,it means I should redirect from 10.14.200.0 to 192.169.1.0 ?
    - I've two nodes cluster,but why "top" result (execute in node ) 3 CPUs, does it mean server include in ??


    thank you


    agung aryo

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Beans
    33

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Well Jedi, I tried what you said but I still came up with the same message duplicate found.

    I am going to try and reinstall it and see if this works.

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    21

    Re: Easy Ubuntu Clustering

    Quote Originally Posted by robasc View Post
    Well Jedi, I tried what you said but I still came up with the same message duplicate found.

    I am going to try and reinstall it and see if this works.
    Sorry I gave you two wrong answers. It's just tough diagnose the errors over the net. I assumed you got errors for the same reasons I did the first time I tried it. Maybe it's because I used Debian. You still might need to use gcc-3.3 to compile (as this source says http://www.kerrighed.org/wiki/index....errighed_2.3.0). But if you try the code below and it returns version 4.1.x or 3.3.x then you might be fine according to the same source:
    Code:
    gcc --version
    Don't give up!

    Good luck!

Page 10 of 49 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •