Thread: Whose bug is this? Mythtv or ...

Beans

Whose bug is this? Mythtv or ...

I have a problem in MythTV the display during live viewing is "double".

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.. I'm attaching to photos of my monitor. There's two pictures. One of the problem and one where the problem goes away when I use a arrow button to fast-forward through the recording. This problem exists in both playing of live content from my capture card as well as the replaying of recorded content.

My capture card is a Hauppauge HVR 1600. My monitor is 1900x1200 and the video card is on board. My motherboard is a GA-MA78G-DS3H. I'm using the ATI catalyst driver. The problem will not appear when I play a video file.

Is this a mythtv bug? config problem? or a driver problem?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Whose bug is this? Mythtv or ...

Quote Originally Posted by kelargo View Post
    I have a problem in MythTV the display during live viewing is "double".

As the saying goes, a picture is worth a thousand words.. I'm attaching to photos of my monitor. There's two pictures. One of the problem and one where the problem goes away when I use a arrow button to fast-forward through the recording. This problem exists in both playing of live content from my capture card as well as the replaying of recorded content.

My capture card is a Hauppauge HVR 1600. My monitor is 1900x1200 and the video card is on board. My motherboard is a GA-MA78G-DS3H. I'm using the ATI catalyst driver. The problem will not appear when I play a video file.

Is this a mythtv bug? config problem? or a driver problem?
    This is likely something to do with the ATI video. Not sure exactly what though.
    I have a worse but similar problem with an ATI HD4850 card and HDHomeRun. I get a garbage display (occasionally doubled like yours, but not often) when I switch between HD and SD channels. If I exit live TV and reenter live TV, the picture fixes itself, but changing channels, I get the garbage display again.
    MythTV is currently unusable for me at this time.

Beans

Re: Whose bug is this? Mythtv or ...

what's weird about this, is viewing with mplayer is fine. no issues..