Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Opensolaris is really exciting me!

Beans

Re: Opensolaris is really exciting me!

Quote Originally Posted by cardinals_fan View Post
    I tried Nexenta. It didn't amaze me much. DragonFlyBSD (with the aforementioned HAMMER) is a bit more interesting [to me].
    HAMMER is still interesting to me but I've lost any scrap of interest in DragonflyBSD after it just totally refused to boot no matter what cd I used (hardware compatibility problems, understandable) but then after trying the install cd it froze on the boot up and screwed up all my USB devices for my other operating systems installed on my computer (and several kernel compilations later here I am finally recovered).

Beans

Re: Opensolaris is really exciting me!

Quote Originally Posted by C!oud View Post
    HAMMER is still interesting to me but I've lost any scrap of interest in DragonflyBSD after it just totally refused to boot no matter what cd I used (hardware compatibility problems, understandable) but then after trying the install cd it froze on the boot up and screwed up all my USB devices for my other operating systems installed on my computer (and several kernel compilations later here I am finally recovered).
    Bizzare.

Fortunately, I never had that problem. DragonFly's Pkgsrc implementation was kind of screwy, but that was a year ago and they may have improved it by now.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12