Thread: Adding a shortcut icon at the desktop

Beans

Smile Adding a shortcut icon at the desktop

I have installed a software in a shared folder in a root directory. I want to include a short cut in a start menu and add an icon at the desktop.

How can I do that?

Beans

Re: Adding a shortcut icon at the desktop

I have figure it out how to create a short cut at the desktop. However does any one know how to include it in the start menu?

duplicate post:
    POSIX

Beans

I'm not in gnome right now (don't have it installeded even), but I think you can right click on the applications menu and click Edit. I think it's also in System > Preferences too.
    Arch x86_64 User / Windows 7 x64 Dual Boot | Nvidia Geforce GT 430 | AMD Phenom II X4 925 (2.8 Ghz, Quad Core) | 6 GB DDR2 RAM | 500 GB HD

Beans

I know how to do this in KDE for some reason they make this difficult in gnome, or at least they used to. Use Kmenuedit and it will edit the start menu you can add any short cut where ever you want.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

go to system - preferences - main menu. There you will have a complete GUI for editing manus and menu items, just click add item, browse for it, add it in whatever menu you want it and thats it!