Thread: Wireless wired bridge poor performance

Beans

Wireless wired bridge poor performance

I have a server that is running several different servers on it, recently I also made it act as a WPA access point so that all of my needs are accomplished from one box, I bridged the eth0 and ath0 interfaces and I notice that now my torrents are dog slow, the weird thing is my http downloads are still pretty fast over 1MB/s but I can't break 60k on torrents even the Ubuntu 8.10 torrent won't break the thresh hold(normally Ubuntu torrents max my connection) I was wondering if anyone else has experienced such a thing. I am using firestarter to manage the firewall on the server until I get better with IPtables or shoreline. I have the ports forwarded to the box that is doing the torrenting, really not sure why I am getting such poor performance on it. Thanks to any replies.

Beans

Re: Wireless wired bridge poor performance

I wondered if I would get any response from that. I have been trying to play with ethtool but its not really doing any good. So I am basically shamelessly bumping my post. Anyone have any suggestions or seen a similar situation?