Thread: IRC Channel Name

Beans

IRC Channel Name

I'm not sure if this is a big deal, but I wondering if we should change our IRC channel name to adhere to the naming standards outlined in the LoCo team howto.
    So our's would change from #ubuntu-northcarolina to #ubuntu-us-nc.

What does everyone think?
    Last edited by undadecor; December 26th, 2008 at 12:49 AM. Reason: Changed link to correct anchor

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Re: IRC Channel Name

Quote Originally Posted by undadecor View Post
    I'm not sure if this is a big deal, but I wondering if we should change our IRC channel name to adhere to the naming standards outlined in the LoCo team howto.
    So our's would change from #ubuntu-northcarolina to #ubuntu-us-nc.

What does everyone think?
    Sounds good to me. However the devil is in the details. Best I can tell viridari has control of that and other admin positions as well.

There does seem to be a mix of naming conventions. The launchpad page uses ubuntu-northcarolina.

https://launchpad.net/~ubuntu-northcarolina

BTW, only 10 of 49 members have placed themselves on the map on the launchpad site.

But the mailing list uses ubuntu-us-nc.

https://lists.ubuntu.com/mailman/listinfo/ubuntu-us-nc

The good thing about mailing lists is that they don't require checking a website on a daily basis. I, for one, check email much more often than this forum site.

-mark
    --that's carpenter, not the nasty fish...

Beans

Re: IRC Channel Name

I checked into the differences in the naming conventions as you mentioned. On the USTeams Wiki page, which seems to be continually more up to date than the last link I posted, they have a different set of conventions (link here).

I think that might be the better one to follow.
    So, ubuntu-us-nc for Launchpad, IRC, and the Mailing List. I'm not sure if we want to try to change our Launchpad and IRC name. Maybe we can bring that up in the upcoming meeting.