Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp mie interface download

Beans

Re: Hp mie interface download

Okay, thanks so much. I guess it doesnt help that i'm running Ubuntu-eee versus even the full Ubuntu.

~Thanks though

Beans

Has anyone tried it on higher resolution? Will it work with 1280x800? I don't run hardy any more so I cant test it myself at the moment.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Nice idea, but the repos are dead. Failed to connect to all of them.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

anyone updated repository list (working) yet? wanting to install on Macbook Air.
    "He who fights Monsters should see himself does not become a monster...remember, when you look into the abyss the abyss also looks into you."

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Actually it would seem as though the repositories are there. However they are only for lpia architectures, and everyone is probably using i386.

It is possible to override the apt architecture by add
    Code:
    APT::Architecture "lpia";
    to one of the apt config files. However there is a high chance of breaking your system.

Otherwise if someone with more time than me can download the source and recompile for i386.

Beans

Anyone know if this would work on the Nokia N-Series devices?

I have an N810. It runs mameo (debian variant, but not ubuntu) and has an ARM processor.

The device is awsome, but I would like to find an new UI for it since theming is VERY limited in maemo

Beans

Update on this one, guys...

If you just want the new theme, here's how I did it, without adding things to Synaptic.

Open your browser of choice and go to http://hpmini.archive.canonical.com/.../hardy-hpmini/

This should give you links to click on; click on Universe and then Binary-lpia. In here, save the glassy-bleu-browser-skin_0.5_all.deb , glassy-bleu-theme_21_all.deb , and gnome-backgrounds-hp_0.4_all.deb files. Just save these to your Desktop. As these are compiled with "all" rather than "lpia", these should be global files that will work for 386 or 64-bit distros. Click on the files on your desktop and Package Installer should handle the rest.*

Presumably, you could go into the main, restricted, or multiverse folders and do the same thing for any .deb files that do not have lpia in their name and have them work on your distro.*

*standard disclaimer of me not being responsible for you hosing your system while trying to follow these instructions does apply here; they worked for me, though.

Beans

i really like the new theme, the window borders are too vista-ish though. however i cant see this UNR look-a-like software they had in the preview, does it exist for i386?

Beans

I believe that, going through the package list descriptions, that 'dennis' is the internal code name for the full-blown desktop interface. Currently, all the files I've seen with 'dennis' in the file name are for the lpia architecture. These would have to be completely recompiled from source to support an i386 or AMD-64 architecture.

Beans

Wildcard, thanks for the info - I was able to download and install the packages on my Dell mini. However the HP theme doesn't show up in System - Preferences - Appearance - Theme. Is it loaded somewhere else?

Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast