Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Hp mie interface download

Beans

Re: Hp mie interface download

http://hpmini.archive.canonical.com/...d/binary-lpia/
    then harbour-launcher_0.78.3_lpia.deb
    had to dpkg --install --force-depends --force-architecture
    dont copy and paste because I'm not sure if it is right. check dpkg --help and dpkg --force-help as I said above
    i haven;t had much time to test it.
    if it goes wrong its not my fault (disclaimer, disclaimer, disclaimer)

Beans

Great, hm1992, thank you!

I'm running it on an actual HP Mini XP Edition with dual boot (XP/Ubuntu).

The whole process, step by step

1. Download harbour-launcher_0.78.3_lpia.deb and save it to your home folder

2. Open a terminal window and type:
    sudo dpkg -i --force-architecture --force-depends harbour-launcher_0.78.3_lpia.deb
    3. Type Alt+F2 and launch it:
    harbour-launcher
    If you don't see it right away, press the show desktop icon (the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+D) or do some Alt+Tabbing.
    If you want it to launch everytime you log in, go to System > Preferences > Sessions and add harbour-lancher.

4. To get the Favorite Websites thing working, install the webfav_1.0ubuntu5_all.deb package.
    EDIT: It creates a heart icon on Firefox, but it apparently does nothing. Any ideas?

5. The music/photos widgets are powered by Elisa, a media center software. You can install it by typing this on a terminal:
    sudo apt-get install elisa
    Or go to Synaptic-Add/Remove and search for "elisa".
    It will ask you to restart your computer. (!)

6. The MIE has no top panel, just a bottom one. You can mimic Ubuntu Netbook remix's set-up (assuming you have installed UNR's packages): (source)
    go-home-applet | window-picker-applet | notification-area-applet | mixer-applet | clock
    Add them from last to first. Right-click each one and click Move to arrange them.

Additional tweak

1. Install the Thunderbird theme:
    http://hpmini.archive.canonical.com/...me_0.5_all.deb

Does anyone else recommend extra tweaks?

Screenshot attached. Some further tweaking is still necessary, but it's almost done, I believe.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by rafaelcapanema; February 6th, 2009 at 04:39 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by rafaelcapanema View Post
    Great, hm1992, thank you!

I'm running it on an actual HP Mini XP Edition with dual boot (XP/Ubuntu).

The whole process, step by step

1. Download harbour-launcher_0.78.3_lpia.deb and save it to your home folder

2. Open a terminal window and type:

3. Type Alt+F2 and launch it:

If you don't see it right away, press the show desktop icon (the keyboard shortcut is Ctrl+Alt+D) or do some Alt+Tabbing.
    If you want it to launch everytime you log in, go to System > Preferences > Sessions and add harbour-lancher.

4. To get the Favorite Websites thing working, install the webfav_1.0ubuntu5_all.deb package.

5. The music/photos widgets are powered by Elisa, a media center software. You can install it by typing this on a terminal:

Or go to Synaptic-Add/Remove and search for "elisa".
    It will ask you to restart your computer. (!)

6. The MIE has no top panel, just a bottom one. You can mimic Ubuntu Netbook remix's set-up (assuming you have installed UNR's packages): (source)

Additional tweak

1. Install the Thunderbird theme:
    http://hpmini.archive.canonical.com/...me_0.5_all.deb

To-do

1. When you first launch harbour-launcher, it tells you can always come back to it by pressing the HP key - which is, actually, a rebranded Windows/Super key.
    Does anyone know how to assign the Windows/Super key to launch harbour-launcher?

Does anyone else recommend extra tweaks?
    Awesome little tutorial there, many thanks.

I'm really liking the design - reminds me somewhat of what jolicloud looks like - albeit less functional than the JC will be.

It's annoying you can't resize the sidebars or, as someone else suggested, replace mail with a RSS reader or something else.

I've installed it on my netbook (eee pc 701) and the launcher does't entirely fit the screen, which is a bit 'meh', i guess... but most people didn't get a netbook shipped to the UK from USA the day they came out... so good for you for waiting!)

The 'app' launcher icons are massive, but very finger friendly - should be great for when i get my eee swivel screen model in a few months.

UK users won't get to buy the HP netbook this comes with as HP have decided to only release Windows based netbooks here.

interestingly, the linux version comes with 2GB RAM, xp comes with 512mb. just sayin'!

My fingers hurt from typing on this eee, but if anyone is interested in tweaking the launcher to fit a 701 screen i'm more than happy to help. (depending on the license of the launcher, obv. i'm not aware it's opensource.)
    OMG! Ubuntu!
    Everything Ubuntu. Daily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

using the above and some fiddling on my own it seems to work pretty well but runs like crap on my rather light weight eee (eee 900mhz, 512mb ram) looks like the launcher is using more than 50% of the processor

Beans

Same here. The thing is apparently quite CPU-intensive, processor use is constantly at 50%.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

It ran fine on my eee 701 - thought i do have 2GB RAM.

I installed it on my desktop, too which was a mistake. I forced architecture and dependencies on x64 Ubuntu and it won't run, nor can i remove it. However, Update Manager is more than happy to pretty much present me with most of HP's updates, despite not adding the repos.

Frak.
    OMG! Ubuntu!
    Everything Ubuntu. Daily.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Quote Originally Posted by Felias View Post
    Hi there,

i was also looking for this, and i am glad that something is happening

I've read on Liliputing, that there'll be an iso to download in the future, but i'm not sure if it's gonna work with the 2133 as well...

@timm: Do you think netbook remix is necessary for this to work? And you DID get UNR running on the 2133? Because people seem to have problems with it...
    I wouldn't try this on the HP 2133 Mini-Notebook, the VIA processor, chipset, and graphics probably won't play well with it. But, if you're in the market for a new mini PC, the HP 2140 Mini-Notebook will come with the Intel Atom N270 processor.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Breezy 5.10

Quote Originally Posted by supernova_hq View Post
    Anyone know if this would work on the Nokia N-Series devices?

I have an N810. It runs mameo (debian variant, but not ubuntu) and has an ARM processor.

The device is awsome, but I would like to find an new UI for it since theming is VERY limited in maemo
    There is pretty much zero chance of this happening. It's a stretch to call maemo a debian variant, even if it uses .debs for packaging and Nokia uses debian distro as a starting point.

Beans

Darn. Well, it was worth a shot

I guess I'm stuck with my limited maemo themes.

Beans

Hello,

is there any way to install MediaStyle? I cannot find the package...

Page 5 of 21 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast