View Poll Results: Do you think ubuntu is getting worse with every release?

Voters
341. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

56 16.42%
  • No

236 69.21%
  • I don't know

49 14.37%
Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Do you think ubuntu is getting worse with every release?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Re: Do you think ubuntu is getting worse with every release?

I compared 8.10 with the others in detail, I see only small tweaks, I really don't see anything to say it going bad.
    Debain 5.0 And, Linux Ubuntu 8.10, The same thing?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Now take this with a grain of salt, the first Linux distro i stuck with was Gutsy. (I have tried Knoppix and Mandriva a few years ago but they weren't nearly as polished as things are now.)

When i tried Gutsy i liked it very much but it seemed buggy. When Hardy came out, i was somewhat dissapointed because i didn't get much more stable although after about a month when i updated, it got much better. Now im on my laptop and i had quite a few hardware issues in Hardy. After going to Interpid, most of my hardware problems got better and my system was very stable, but it did seem to be slowing down somewhat.

While i do agree it is getting somewhat slower, the overall experience has been improving. I look forward to many years of using Ubuntu as my main OS.

Oh and i have high expectations for Jaunty as far as speed goes. I hope they can give us a little speed boost.

Beans

Well if the rumors I hear about Jaunty become true... I will never use Ubuntu again...(or atleast as a main...)

Reasoning is simple, I have been around since gusty and maybe a little earlier(started with PClinuxOS so... yeah) so I have gotten use to such commands like cntrl alt backspace,having p7zip installed by default and other things.

if they take all of this out I know I would spend a whole day tweaking my system to my liking :/.

When I could use Linux Mint Or go back to PClinuxOS and be happy.

Really ever since 8.04 it has been getting slower and buggier :/.(for me that is)
    Last edited by Twitch6000; December 27th, 2008 at 02:26 AM.

Beans
    Hidden!

Quote Originally Posted by Twitch6000 View Post
    Well if the rumors I hear about Jaunty become true... I will never use Ubuntu again...(or atlast as a main...)

Reasoning is simple, I have been around since gusty and maybe a little earlier(started with PClinuxOS so... yeah) so I have gotten use to such commands like cntrl alt backspace,having p7zip installed by default and other things.

if they take all of this out I know I would spend a whole day tweaking my system to my liking :/.

When I could use Linux Mint Or go back to PClinuxOS and be happy.

Really ever since 8.04 it has been getting slower and buggier :/.(for me that is)
    I am starting to realize that Debian is a perfect choice.
    Freedom is neither exclusive nor unlimited.

Beans

I thinks it's getting better and I've only been here since hardy. Unlike other members, I've never had any problems other than those caused by myself, (uninstalled hal my first week) or just a simple lack of knowledge.

I just install and everything works, and i use 64bit. never had to edit xorg or had show stopping compiz or pulseaudio problems. I think i have good install mojo. Ialso have an onboard nvidia chipset so i can't speak for graphics card problems....

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

I personally loved the feisty fawn,Lots of new features,auto codec search etc etc and the maturity of playing all multimedia formats on a 64 bit.

I also found it the lightest of the lot, loading times and just the overall feel of it.

Kept my hard drive quiet most of the time .

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by verb3k View Post
    I am starting to realize that Debian is a perfect choice.
    I couldn't agree more here.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Beans

Feisty was worse than Dapper, and I do think the six-month release cycle is too accelerated (must be based on commercial / marketing reasoning) but it's definitely not getting worse overall with each release. But I'd like to see a 9 month release schedule, with more thorough testing. Just me.
    Ubuntu Mint Mate 64-Bit
    HP Slimline AMD Turion64 | Dell D531
    Windows 7U / Winxp [gaming] Mint16

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Lightbulb Re: Do you think ubuntu is getting worse with every release?

Well, I got my first Ubuntu release right when I joined here. i installed, erased my vista, and was utterly confused, frustrated, and excited for the next few hours, then I plugged in my Ethernet, and KAAZAAM! I was online, and I immediately created an account here to straighten things up. they definitely need to put the link to the Ubuntu forums on the download page...
    Well, back to topic, I really don't know, but I was WAY happier with Intrepid than Hardy. The default theme made me want to ditch Ubuntu, and not come back. Although, I am using Jaunty, (I am typing on it right now) and I don't see any huge differences, other than my graphics driver wont be detected. We will see... (NOOOOOOOOOO! Crtl-Alt-Backspace... GONE! *WEEP* *WEEP* *cries eyes out*
    Last edited by inxygnuu; December 30th, 2008 at 04:28 AM.
    HP pavilion dv 6910us, 2.0 GHZ AMD turion 64 X2, 3 GB of RAM, Nvidia GeForce 7150M.
    cool tongue dude!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast