Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How To: ATI Drivers OpenSUSE 11.1

Beans

Re: How To: ATI Drivers OpenSUSE 11.1

Thanks Vince for the quick howto, it worked like charm with opensuse 11.1 but I had another problem to resolve; getting my webcam configured. As you know, opensuse comunity didn't release gspca binary package due to the fact that gspca is now built in the main stream of the kernel (the same kernel used in fedora core 9), however cheese doesn't recognise my usb webcam. Thus I decided to downgrade my os to opensuse 11. It's more stable though.

By the way, I already posted a thread regarding mplayer error, I wish you could read it and help me if you can. Cheers
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1031887

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by fitlad View Post
    Thanks Vince for the quick howto, it worked like charm with opensuse 11.1 but I had another problem to resolve; getting my webcam configured. As you know, opensuse comunity didn't release gspca binary package due to the fact that gspca is now built in the main stream of the kernel (the same kernel used in fedora core 9), however cheese doesn't recognise my usb webcam. Thus I decided to downgrade my os to opensuse 11. It's more stable though.

By the way, I already posted a thread regarding mplayer error, I wish you could read it and help me if you can. Cheers
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1031887
    Fair enough, it's supported with Security updates until 2010 anyway so you'll be fine using it. I'm still using it on Production systems.

Beans

Hey There,

Got openSUSE 11.1 the other day and also have ATI All in Wonder 9600. Used the 32 bit version of these instructions and am posting from installed version now Thanks much those of you who know Linux!

Beans

Updated for the new ATI Drivers release.

That will get the 64-bit drivers to work, but emulation for 32-bit will be gone (e.g. for Windows games in WINE). So far, I only know of this hack, too, though; X won't even load the proper extensions for 3D support if it sees the wrong binary.

If you want 32-bit emulation to work, you'll have to swap back in the 32-bit binary before you start the program (and swap back out when you're done--this is probably going to be nasty if you're using Compiz or something else using the 64-bit driver).

I'm not sure yet whether this is a build script issue or a bug in AMD's code. I'm probably too lazy to look into it, too...
    This is fixed now.

Beans

Update, I've also tried this on the 32-bit version and it works.

Beans

i hate to sound very....new, but i am. I have the 3400 card, and am running 64 bit. The instructions in the first post I am sure are correct, but I do not know how to follow them. Can someone help?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by vonzipper27 View Post
    i hate to sound very....new, but i am. I have the 3400 card, and am running 64 bit. The instructions in the first post I am sure are correct, but I do not know how to follow them. Can someone help?
    That's fine we all learnt from something after all. What seems to be the problem?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12