Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: [SOLVED] Ubuntu Downloading, Please HELP!!!!!

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 11.10 Oneiric Ocelot

Re: Ubuntu Downloading, Please HELP!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by albinootje View Post
    Okay, you're using Ubuntu Intrepid Ibex, also known as 8.10

The Adobe website says that there's no flash-player version 10 for 64bit Linux (And also not for Mac and Windows).
    Can a 64bit Ubuntu user help out ?

And kendo_water, will you be needing Java later on ?
    There's an alpha out, you can get it here: http://labs.adobe.com/downloads/flashplayer10.html Though it's an alpha, I've been using it for almost a month and haven't had a problem yet. You do have to manually install it, though.
    Rig: Intel Core i5 2500K [4.7GHz]; ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z; AMD Radeon HD 6870; 16GB Geil DDR3-1600; OCz Vertex 2 128GB SSD; Lian Li PC-V351B; Corsair H100 cooler; Corsair TX650W; 3x BenQ G2222HDL + 1x Acer x93w; Ubuntu 11.10 64-bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

Cool, i didn't know this command, thanks

(I already wondered why Ubuntu kept on having /etc/debian_version and not doing something about that.)
    Np, always fun the noob helps
    Desktop: Windows 7 / Ubuntu 10.04
    Laptop-: Vista
    Netbook: Ubuntu 10.04

Beans

it's just not working at all........

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by kendo_water View Post
    The first one says:

The following packages were automatically installed and are no longer required:
    linux-headers-2.6.27-7 linux-headers-2.6.27-7-generic
    Use 'apt-get autoremove' to remove them.
    You see where it said this part. apt-get autoremove and apt-get update are 2 common terminal commands the first one would be used like this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get autoremove
    which removes packages that are no longer needed such as once a program is installed the original program that it was installed from can be removed without affecting your system.

The other one used like this
    Code:
    sudo apt-get update
    Updates your sources so that the list is more up to date and you can get the latest software to install.

It's a good idea to keep more than 1 kernel. One reason for having more than 1 kernel is that if something stops working with the new kernel you can go back to the one that worked.

For me kernel 2.6.27-9-generic made my wifi keep dropping signal but when I boot with kernel 2.6.27-7-generic it stays connected. Go figure.

So I keep them both until a newer one comes out that works then I'll uninstall 1 and still have 2.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

it's just not working at all........
    Which part isn't working?
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

as soon as i type
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
    wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update

all sorts of weird codes come up(and I didn't type ENTER key either), it never gives me the chance to type:

sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse ia32-libs icedtea6-plugin libavcodec-unstripped-51 libmp3lame0 non-free-codecs openjdk-6-jre unrar

Beans

Ok step by step. You're running 8.10 so put this in the terminal (You don't TYPE Enter you just hit the Enter key)
    sudo wget http://www.medibuntu.org/sources.list.d/intrepid.list -O /etc/apt/sources.list.d/medibuntu.list
    Hit Enter and when it finishes
    then this
    wget -q http://packages.medibuntu.org/medibuntu-key.gpg -O- | sudo apt-key add - && sudo apt-get update
    Hit Enter and when it finishes
    then this
    sudo apt-get remove gnash gnash-common libflashsupport mozilla-plugin-gnash swfdec-mozilla && sudo apt-get install alsa-oss faac faad flashplugin-nonfree gstreamer0.10-ffmpeg gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad gstreamer0.10-plugins-bad-multiverse gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly gstreamer0.10-plugins-ugly-multiverse ia32-libs icedtea6-plugin libavcodec-unstripped-51 libmp3lame0 non-free-codecs openjdk-6-jre unrar
    It should be working
    Last edited by 2hot6ft2; December 22nd, 2008 at 02:35 AM.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

as soon as i type

all sorts of weird codes come up(and I didn't type ENTER key either)
    It is a bit weird looking indeed.

You should type "y" (without the "" characters) at a certain point where it asks you "N" or "y".
    After that hit the enter key.
    When all of that is finished, then you can copy & paste the long line you didn't have a chance to type in.

Beans

You may not even have to hit enter as long as it started doing it you're alright.
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

It is a bit weird looking indeed.

You should type "y" (without the "" characters) at a certain point where it asks you "N" or "y".
    After that hit the enter key.
    When all of that is finished, then you can copy & paste the long line you didn't have a chance to type in.
    You got it. Correct
    Ultimate Edition Links

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast