Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29

Thread: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,527

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Your new installation script worked perfectly on Mint 5 (which is based on Hardy).

    I'm going to look for a DL of the freshest Dapper (which won't be very fresh) but I'm sure Ubuntu did daily builds that are archived for Dapper just as they are for Hardy.

    The only other thing left would be Mint 4 which is based on Gutsy! We know about Gutsy and there's only a few months left there for general support!

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,527

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    OK, I've now tested your new installer in everything still supported by Ubuntu or Mint.

    In Intrepid, Hardy, Mint 6 and Mint 5 it installs FF3.0.5 flawlessly.

    In both Gutsy and Mint 4 I have to manually enter the plugin path "/usr/lib/firefox/plugins". That's also for installing FF3.0.5.

    In Dapper, even though I installed FF2.0.0.20, I still had to manually enter the plugin path - still: "/usr/lib/firefox/plugins".

    I hope that helps.

    I'll check back later on next week and test the newest version again if you'd like. I might skip Dapper though. I know it was great in it's time but wow .......... Ubuntu's come a long ways since then!

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Beans
    4,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Hi,
    Thanks for the detailed test results!

    Yea the dapper problem is the same as the gutsy problem, so should be fixed with the same fix.

    Not to worry, i'm actually keen on getting this fixed myself, so that i don't have to keep updating the version-check code with every new ubuntu release. so you're not pushing me to do anything i don't want

    also, testing is quite an important part of any software operation, so... i think i'm quite justified in thanking you.

  4. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,527

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    I'm glad to help.

    This is an awesome project!

    I'll probably be gone most of tomorrow (Monday) but I'd be happy to retest the final changes.

    You do great work!

    BTW, this testing gave me time to try some xorg testing too which should prove useful in the future.

    But, wow ............. I'll be glad when Dapper desktop is officially retired in June!

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Beans
    4,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Hi
    ok, i posted the latest version to test in the testing thread, here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6504115

    should now work on dapper, gutsy, and all the rest of them.
    please try and let me know if it does what it should.

    indeed, supporting older versions is a pain... imagine ubuntu doing that for the whole distro. but then again, they have different versions of the packages for the ubuntu versions, whereas i'm trying to support them all with one version of ubuntuzilla. so maybe they're onto something with that idea.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,527

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Quote Originally Posted by nanotube View Post
    Hi
    ok, i posted the latest version to test in the testing thread, here:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?p=6504115

    should now work on dapper, gutsy, and all the rest of them.
    please try and let me know if it does what it should.

    indeed, supporting older versions is a pain... imagine ubuntu doing that for the whole distro. but then again, they have different versions of the packages for the ubuntu versions, whereas i'm trying to support them all with one version of ubuntuzilla. so maybe they're onto something with that idea.
    I may be able to get to that later this evening, more likely tomorrow. I'll start with the most recent distros and work backwards.

    Sorry for the delay but I'm dealing with a sick dog. Thanks again!

  7. #27
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Beans
    4,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I may be able to get to that later this evening, more likely tomorrow. I'll start with the most recent distros and work backwards.

    Sorry for the delay but I'm dealing with a sick dog. Thanks again!
    Hi,
    No hurry, tomorrow's good.
    my best wishes towards your dog's quick recovery!

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Beans
    11,527

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    I had a break so I completed the first test. Ubuntu 8.10 went great. I'll post the results at the new script download site so it'll be easier to compare results!

    As far as the dog being sick, he's always sick! He was a rescue from a puppy-mill! I can't say what I think about puppy-mills here!

    I have two, can't afford more than two, that and my aging fainting goats keep me broke! But the vet gives me a free cap once a year

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Philadelphia
    Beans
    4,076
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

    Re: Script errors (plugin path) installing 4.5.8 on Mint 6

    Quote Originally Posted by kansasnoob View Post
    I had a break so I completed the first test. Ubuntu 8.10 went great. I'll post the results at the new script download site so it'll be easier to compare results!
    sounds good.

    As far as the dog being sick, he's always sick! He was a rescue from a puppy-mill! I can't say what I think about puppy-mills here!

    I have two, can't afford more than two, that and my aging fainting goats keep me broke! But the vet gives me a free cap once a year
    well... best wishes all the more so.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •