Thread: [SOLVED] Help with Aircrack-NG on Ubuntu 8.10 laptop

Beans

[SOLVED] Help with Aircrack-NG on Ubuntu 8.10 laptop

I have a Dell 1520 laptop that I have installed Ubuntu 8.10. All the drivers that I need to operate the laptop installed automatically during the OS installation, which was awesome! So the laptop works great, but I'm truing to get Aircrack-NG up and running. I found a guide online but being new to Linux I don't understand how to patch my wireless driver to get injection working. I can't find a tar ball to download, only a file of code that I guess I have to save it somehow and compile it. I have no idea how to do this. Here are my specs:

Dell 1520 laptop with Ubuntu 8.10

output from commands:
    cat /proc/version
    Linux version 2.6.27-9-generic (buildd@rothera) (gcc version 4.3.2 (Ubuntu 4.3.2-1ubuntu11) ) #1 SMP Thu Nov 20 21:57:00 UTC 2008

lspci

0c:00.0 Network controller: Broadcom Corporation BCM4312 802.11b/g (rev 01)

I have Aircrack-NG installed already. Here's the site I have been trying to use: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=tutorial

Any help is great.
    Thanks in advance!

Beans

Re: Help with Aircrack-NG on Ubuntu 8.10 laptop

This is a duplicate thread!

Beans

Re: [SOLVED] Help with Aircrack-NG on Ubuntu 8.10 laptop

In order to get Broadcom cards to support injection your have to patch/recompile your kernel to use this patch: http://www.aircrack-ng.org/doku.php?id=broadcom

Beans

Thanks for the reply. I've been to the link you listed. This is actually where I have problems. When I click to download the patch, it just displays all the code for the driver. It doesn't actually download a file. So I guess my question is what do I do with that code? How do I get it downloaded? Am I suppose to copy it to a text file and save it with a certain extension or what?

Beans

ALSO.... the download says it's for kernel 2.6.20. Will this patch work for kernel 2.6.27?

Beans

Hi, so this thread says "[SOLVED]" but was it really solved? Were you able to get your BCM4312 to work with aircrack successfully? I'm getting a laptop in a couple of days with that chipset and was wanting to get as much help/input as possible.

Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu UNR

Re: [NOT solved] Help with Aircrack-NG on Ubuntu 8.10 laptop

I have the same wifi card.
    In fact, problem is NOT solved. Titan8990 advised the patch which is for injection-related troubles. But the main problem is neither bcm43xx nor b43 modules don't recognize the BCM4312 chipset.
    When I blacklisted 'wl' module and tried to load b43/bcm43xx/b43legacy modules via modprobe or by addition one of them to /etc/modules then the appropriate module loaded successfully but the interface didn't appear. Both the 'iwconfig' and 'airmon-ng' reported of no wireless interface.