Thread: Mp3 Players?

Beans

Mp3 Players?

Hey all. I've got a creative zen. And I'm sick of windows. So, I thought is there a fully ubuntu compatible mp3 player that does all the formats and has a decent sized screen for video? I've looked on google and haven't come up with much. Can anyone recommend something? This is the only thing holding me back from fully switching. Please advise and thanks so much.

Beans

Re: Mp3 Players?

zen works fine for me under rhythembox

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 14.04 Trusty Tahr

you need Gnomad2.

There are two ways to install this program.

1) Open Synaptic Package Manager. System > Administration

Search for Gnomad2. Select the appropriate check box. Hit Apply.

2) Open Terminal > Applications > Accessories

Type
    sudo apt-get install gnomad2
    Press Enter

Beans

ah ok! thanks! However what I was asking was for recommendations on a new MP3 player. One that is fully compatible with ubuntu and does video as well as all (or most of) the video/audio formats. I'm figuring I really want to totally switch. I've heard of is it Cowan for MP3 players?? thanks guys!

Beans

eheyl, answering your question I would recommend you to visit TestFreaks, choose mp3-players category and sort models by score:
    http://www.testfreaks.com/mediaplayers/?sort=score
    Such way you'll see which mp3-players have the best ratings, based on expert and user reviews from all over the world.
    I think this is the most objective way to choose the best one. Nowadays most of them are ubuntu compatibled.

Beans

Just wondering if anyone has had success transferring video over on the zen? It seems to do so but then out of a 30 min video I get 17 sec.??

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by eheyl View Post
    Hey all. I've got a creative zen. And I'm sick of windows. So, I thought is there a fully ubuntu compatible mp3 player that does all the formats and has a decent sized screen for video? I've looked on google and haven't come up with much. Can anyone recommend something? This is the only thing holding me back from fully switching. Please advise and thanks so much.
    My ZEN V plus is recognised in Rhythmbox and Amarok.I can't make playlists in Rhythmbox ! Amarok works fine. Though it took me some time I must admit. (But why can't I see the ZEN in Nautilus and on the desktop ? ) I tried a Philips MTP device and I was able to use Nautilus and Amarok with that mp3 device.
    Reijer (Castricum, Netherlands)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

trying to install gnomad2 but cannot find it in repositories. Do i need to update somehow?