Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Hacker Evolution: Untold - released

Beans

Re: Hacker Evolution: Untold - released

Hello everyone,

I would like to proudly announce that yesterday evening I have successfully played Hacker Evolution: Untold under Ubuntu. We are almost done with the native port.

If there is anyone who would like to help with beta testing or simply try the game under linux before the official release, please fill in our contact form here:

http://www.exosyphen.com/page_contact.html

We will get back to you with instructions on how to download and install the game.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Ooh. Still interested, so I applied.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by Vadi View Post
    Ooh. Still interested, so I applied.
    same here

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 13.10 Saucy Salamander

me aswell
    "It's easier to ask for forgiveness than to ask for permission"

Beans

Thanks for the great interest received so far!
    We just sent out the download details to everyone who has applied.

Enjoy the game!

Beans

Just tested Hacker Evolution: Untold for a few minutes...
    First impression :

I loved the cli emulation, the GNU/Linux shell and commands, the TAB completion...
    But when I complete a command, and I want to edit it, I need to click "back" several times - I think it would be better if it would be possible to hold it to go back, forward - like in the real cli
    Also it would be cool if you could select a text with a mouse and paste it with middle-click , like in real cli

Also the fonts are very small on my wide 22Inch screen - there should be an option to adjust it to your eyes as this game is a lot about reading.

No bugs so far.
    Last edited by MaximB; January 10th, 2010 at 10:23 PM.

Beans

Hey MaximB,

Thanks for the feedback.
    I think you can use the arrows to go back and forth through a command and delete chars. (I am not *personally* doing the linux code, I just did the base windows code, and I have another coder porting it ... so I guess I might be wrong).

If you are using a 22" screen, try setting it to 1280x800 (or similar) and run the game that way. On my 19" it looks cool that way.

I am afraid that mouse selection won't be a feature. It's just way to much code to add, as we are not using any API's for the console. It's 100% my implementation there (console handling and display, and it's not as easy as it looks, to code one).

Keep enjoying it!

Beans

I know I can use the arrow keys, but it will go one "character" at a time , while I want it to go back/forward infinite while I hold the keys - that is much faster.

Setting the resolution every time I start the game is a bad solution - I think the resolution changing should be made in-game like it's done with most games.

You can always use bash's source code, it's FOSS after all

Beans

@MaximB:

I made some notes and we will see to sort out the 2 issues mentioned by you.

Beans

Lightbulb Re: Hacker Evolution: Untold - released

Quote Originally Posted by mrobert View Post
    @MaximB:

I made some notes and we will see to sort out the 2 issues mentioned by you.
    Actually it was 3...

Anyways....
    I think this game is very original, and while I didn't passed the Tutorial yet I think it could be much better with a few adjustments.

I don't know how legal it is, but Hacker Evolution could have been a "teaching" game, with actual true commands and software that hackers use.
    There is no "crack" or "connect" commands as far as I know (I am not a cracker).

You could make the game more appealing to more people by making it more true, with stuff you can actually do in the real world, with real commands and tools with all syntax's.
    Is it possible to do with your game ? maybe via mod or "level" ?

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast