Thread: The DOC

Hybrid View

Beans
    Hidden!

The DOC

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=100433

If a group of forum users (not me) want to get together and port information to the official wiki instead of to the doc, can this be another official (parallel) forum project?

I do not want to debate or insult the DOC.

Some would say this idea is redundant. Some would say the doc is redundant. I still think that some would like to do this and is there any reason to tell them no, if they ask?

Potentially, both teams could build a bridge?

I may join such a team, but I do not wish to head such a team, for obvious reasons of recent history.

Beans

Re: The DOC

I stated previously that the DOC project was KB's personal project using forum information. I wouldn't go to say its an official forum project because he is a moderator.

I think if anyone wants to take any information from the forums and use in any Ubuntu wiki/doc setting they should be able to. This is the perfect time to draft a license for which the content of the forums uses.

I think both teams and any teams should be open to each others ideas.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans
    Hidden!

So if another group wanted to start a team for that they could get tee-shirts and nametags, too? (Use of forum ressources - like the other forum teams)

Beans

Sure if someone wants to start a team they can create a post here and we can discuss it.

EDIT: KB has stated once the license issues are worked out between himself and mkde he will let people copy over the data to any place they want to put it.
    Last edited by ubuntu-geek; December 9th, 2005 at 08:43 PM.
    My Blog | Forum Search | Forum Guidelines
    Please don't PM support questions--post a thread so everyone can benefit!