Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Improving Ubuntu: A Beginners Guide to Filing Bug Reports

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Re: Improving Ubuntu: A Beginners Guide to Filing Bug Reports

Sometimes certain websites will crash a browser, esp. if they have media like flash, music, or embedded videos. Also, sometimes users with particular wireless cards will lose their wireless connection under load (that is to say, when they are downloading a lot). These situations aren't all that common, but that are known to happen. If you do experience these symptoms, you should file a bug report. But here's to hoping you won't need to

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by Rocket2DMn View Post
    Sometimes certain websites will crash a browser, esp. if they have media like flash, music, or embedded videos. Also, sometimes users with particular wireless cards will lose their wireless connection under load (that is to say, when they are downloading a lot). These situations aren't all that common, but that are known to happen. If you do experience these symptoms, you should file a bug report. But here's to hoping you won't need to
    cheers thanks lets hope i don't need to either it may have been something i had down loaded that caused it cause after i downloaded the pic it closed the web pages, the other thing where it took me out of it totally and back to signing in i do not know what caused that but that has not re happened either .

thank you for your help in the info greatly appreciated , if i need to file a report ever will have to come back and ask how but hopefully never have to

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I'm trying to report a bug, but apport keeps crashing. Apport seems to have a bug too!. I've tried reporting manually but just keep getting referred back to the Ubuntu help page. What do I do?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Janeleaper, are you using ubuntu-bug to try and file the report, or are you opening a program and going to Help->Report a Problem? If you know the package you are filing a report against, you can pull up that pacakge on LP and file a bug there. I heard they recently introduced the feature to redirect you to the wiki page if you are filing a bug manually against Ubuntu, but I have not run into this (perhaps due to specific settings I have). What package/program are you trying to file a report against?

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

I am using ubuntu-bug. It is a kernel problem. Ubuntu freezes when in sleep mode, then refuses to boot up.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Janeleaper, are you able to file a bug manually from here: https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...linux/+filebug

It lets me go through the process of filing the bug. You can then use
    Code:
    apport-collect bugnumber
    to automatically attach information to the bug.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu

Thanks, I'll try that.

Beans

Forget it.
    Last edited by bexpert; January 13th, 2010 at 08:35 PM. Reason: Changed my mind

Beans
    Hidden!

Launchpad does not even support previewing a comment before entering it. There is a bug report for this issue.

Please consider clicking "affects me too" on this bug:
    https://bugs.edge.launchpad.net/malone/+bug/33796

Thanks

Beans

Rocket2DMn,

I wonder if you might be able to help me with this. I filed a bug report using "ubuntu-bug grub-pc" using Karmic:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...b2/+bug/509438

So it is fixed in Lucid but not in Karmic and I'm told:

If you want to have this fixed/changed in karmic you have to nominate this bug for it.
    I might note here that I previously requested these packages be updated in Karmic:

https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+s...b2/+bug/485457

And I was told:

By the way, we're not going to do a full update in karmic-proposed; the changes are just too big and very many of them are not required in a stable release. If you want to help to identify individual isolated changes that are needed, feel free (in separate bugs).
    So I've been Googling trying to figure out how to "nominate this bug" for Karmic. I've gotten as far as:

https://wiki.ubuntu.com/StableReleaseUpdates

But I still don't see how to file a request. I feel like I'm running in circles

Page 7 of 14 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast