Thread: tracks - Opinions?

Beans

tracks - Opinions?

Ok, having successfully installed a ubuntu server (thanks to the guys who helped me make up my mind and persuade me to use ubuntu server!) I'm now looking to implement some of the features that will really make this all worthwhile and which was suggested to me in my initial posts on whether a ubuntu server would be good for us.....namely tracks.
    I had no idea what tracks was until I just looked it up, and it looks great but I just want to make sure that it is what I think it is, and that there isn't a better solution. Basically got a phonecall 10 minutes ago asking if there was anyway of having a section of the website for everyone involved in a project, including external contractors, clients...etc so that everyone can see the latest drawing packs, completion dates...etc and comment and discuss them. It looks like tracks is something that can do this, as long as I can limit people to certain projects and that its easy for everyone to use.

Anyone have any ideas, or even feedback on tracks?

Thanks again guys

Kris

Beans

Re: tracks - Opinions?

ok, been looking into this now, and have found loads of really good services, but they are all hosted and expensive whereas I'm looking for something to host myself. Does anyone know of an alternative to tracks maybe that is more of an online workspace that will do what I want to do?

Kris