Thread: [SOLVED] Hp printer not working

Beans

Unhappy [SOLVED] Hp printer not working

I have a deskjet printer 3930 connected to the computer via a USB. It worked before I rebooted with the ubutu disk. Now won't even print a test page. I keep getting a message printer may not be connected. I checked the connections by swapping out with USB for the modem. I tried adding a printer but didn't see my model.

Am I missing a program that has my model? I have now 15 jobs on hold.
    How do I cancel them?

Beans

Re: Hp printer not working

System>Administration>Printing you can add a driver there

Mine is the 3915 and uses the 3900 driver I did see a driver for the 3920 but not the 3930. See pic attached. I would try the 3900 driver.

As for the queue I'm not sure but once the driver is installed it would have an icon on the taskbar where you should be able to clear them.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by 2hot6ft2; December 11th, 2008 at 06:45 AM. Reason: more info
    Ultimate Edition Links

Beans

Re: Hp printer not working

Went to printing in admistrative and found that the model of the printer listed is not the 1 I have. Have listed HP DeskJet 3920 Foomatic/hpijs, hpijs 2.8.2 I have HP deskjet 3930 printer. I tried change the model of the printer but don't find mine listed.

Is there a way to add mine to the list?
    Should I change it in cups? How? I tried but don't understand how to answer the questions.

I added Cupsys-driver-gutenprint, Cupsddk-drivers, cupsddk, and some other programs, that I don't remember. Now my printer is working. I have 2 printer icons in admistration. One just shows the printers available.
    Last edited by Camilia; December 13th, 2008 at 09:07 AM. Reason: adding