Thread: Forum search bug

Beans

Forum search bug

This post alerted me to a bug in the forum. When you search for C++, the forum silently turns it into a search for C. Searching for "C++" turns into a search for "C and the term ".

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Re: Forum search bug

What it is doing is searching for "c " < note the two spaces. This has to do with the way GET and POST variables are posted.

edit: this post might not be entirely right now that I realize that UF uses POST processing instaed of GET
    Last edited by jenkinbr; December 11th, 2008 at 02:10 AM.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jenkinbr View Post
    What it is doing is searching for "c " < note the two spaces. This has to do with the way GET and POST variables are posted.

edit: this post might not be entirely right now that I realize that UF uses POST processing instaed of GET
    That's not the case, because the browser will escape special characters before submitting them--that applies equally to GET and POST. Instead, it has something to do with the forum software itself.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Quote Originally Posted by mssever View Post
    That's not the case, because the browser will escape special characters before submitting them--that applies equally to GET and POST. Instead, it has something to do with the forum software itself.
    I realized my post was mostly wrong after posting it - hence the edit.
    |>[HowTo] Bump The BUMP Thread<||>Stats<||>19k<||>23k<||>26k<||>34k<||>37k<||>38k<||>39k<||>40k<|

Quote Originally Posted by lukjad007
    Backups are usually a good thing unless it's a sewer.