Thread: compiz keeps firefox from letting hulu/youtube play fullscreen

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

compiz keeps firefox from letting hulu/youtube play fullscreen

I'm running Ubuntu Hardy Heron, with the latest nvidia accelerated graphics driver enabled, compiz desktop integration, and nvidia x-server for configuring my second screen/monitor.

What my problem is, I try to watch a video on YouTube or Hulu and I can't watch anything in fullscreen. It goes fullscreen or a second or maybe two, but then goes right back to normal viewing.

Sometimes I find movies to stream from something like watch-movies.net, and everynow and then a couple movies will work in fullscreen, so I'm somewhat believing the problem isn't something to do with firefox.

Also, last time I checked (which is before I installed nvidia x-server), When compiz isn't enabled, the problem doesn't exist. Maybe there's a plugin in compiz i do or don't have enabled/disabled?

Maybe this isn't the place to post this problem? If so, could someone please direct me to a place where I may find some assistance? I've been trying to resolve this for a few weeks.. It is indeed getting on my nerves
    Last edited by DestroyerOfTheSeas; December 9th, 2008 at 06:25 AM. Reason: Hoping for chance someone may have a clue what to do;

Beans
    Distro

Re: compiz keeps firefox from letting hulu/youtube play fullscreen

Alright I give up. I'll just deal with small windows. Besides, updating to 8.10 I'm on to bigger and better things!

Beans

This worked for me.

CompizConfig -> General Settings -> Unredirect Fullscreen Windows (Turn Off/Uncheck)

Full screen flash began working without issue.

Beans
    Distro

thanks. i initially got flash to work by unchecking hardware acceleration in the flash settings. then i upgraded to jaunty and that upgraded compiz which broke my fullscreen flash. unchecking the box like stated above worked for me.