Thread: keyboard shortcut for volume issue

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

keyboard shortcut for volume issue

I had my keyboard shortcuts set up to control the volume with ctrl 1 and ctrl 3 as down and up. When the sequence was pressed, it brought up a popup control and set the volume. As of last night it quit working. I have the proper codes in the keyboard shortcuts, the sound is set up to change the proper sliders and the sound works through the panel applet, but now when I press the keyboard shortcuts, nothing happens at all. No popup, no control, nothing. Running Intrepid with all latest updates. Any idea where to look for the problem? As far as I know, I haven't changed anything that would affect this.

Beans

Re: keyboard shortcut for volume issue

have you tried setting it again?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by kerry_s View Post
    have you tried setting it again?
    Yes, I went back into the keyboard shortcuts, changed them to something else, then back. Nothing happened. Same issue. I also deselected all of the picks in the volume settings and reset them. I redid everything that I could find that affected it before, but nothing seems to work.

The volume icon on the panel changes everything just as it should. Only the keyboard shortcuts and the popup icon do not seem to work.

Beans
    Distro

Just an update. I ended up reinstalling the OS (for a different reason) and the problem is still there. I have a separate /home partition, and did not format that, so it appears that the problem has to do with something corrupted in the /home partition rather than at the system level. I tried looking for "keyboard" or "shortcut" and anything else I could think of, but didn't find anything. Anyone have any idea what in the /home partition could make some of the keyboard shortcuts not work. It looks like it is just the audio part that is not working.