Thread: can not see bar at the top in firefox

Beans

can not see bar at the top in firefox

hi
    i'b been running ubuntu 8.04 for a while on this computer with out a problem till today, i have compiz installed and the cube for a desktop. and Mozilla/5.0 (X11; U; Linux i686; en-US; rv:1.9.0.4) Gecko/2008111317 Ubuntu/8.04 (hardy) Firefox/3.0.4 installed.

today firefox opened and the top bar is missing, i can resize the screen, to the top right the x, box, and the line are gone, the only way to shut it down is to click on file then quiet, the file, edit, view etc. are at the very top of my screen. how do i make this go back to normial so i can resize my screen?

Beans

Re: can not see bar at the top in firefox

I had a problem like this once, All I had to do to get it back to normal was hit F11 Twice, to full screen and bring it back and that fixed the problem for me.

Not sure if you are having the same issue but its worth a try.

Beans

hi
    thank you tweakedenigma that worked great!

Beans

I seem to be having the same problem on Ubuntu 8.10. Pressing F11 works fine, by it is just a temporary solution for the current session. Is there any way to fix this permanently? Thanks.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.10 Intrepid Ibex

Figure out how to get into "Advanced Desktop Settings" For Compiz.

There should be a sub-menu that deals with Window Decoration. Press the reset button next to all of the values in that menu, and then back out to save the settings.

Make sure you do not have any work open, and then press and hold "Ctrl + Alt + Backspace" (not Delete) to restart X.
    Angel's Egg: Go watch this, and then the movie. You have never seen anything like it.
    A shout-out to the Linux Mint team for their excellent port of Ubuntu.
    Use any OS worry-free with Derek's Virtual Box.