Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: Canon LIDE 100 scanner

Beans

Re: Canon LIDE 100 scanner

@fig_wright: the 700f has been reported to have a GL847 processor chip, like the Lide 100 and 200. To confirm this, you could type:
    $sane-find-scanner -v -v.

You could then try to follow the instructions at https://help.ubuntu.com/community/CheckIfScannerIsClone to hijack the settings for either the 100 or 200.

That other device that is showing up as a scanner is probably a webcam. You could comment out v4l in the file /etc/sane.d/dll.conf using a text editor as sudo.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

And all cars have to run on biogas.
    No, actually, it depends on what type of vehicle that is, a diesel or a gas, or biogas, but in terms of computing, ALL devices should be compatible on all OS, just to make it run.

Have you ever bought a car that the salesman said, Oh sorry you can only drive this at night.

This is really out of world. Every Vendor will make money with his product
    Yeah, you sold me, mental note, DON'T BUY CANON SCANNERS, how's that for making money?

So if the product dont work with your operation system, got it to work by yourself or buy another product.
    CANON = number of customers - 1, that is me.

IMHO thats also called market..
    Don't they need to INCREASE their market share? Oh, Linux users, who cares about them?

BTW. not Microsoft, the vendor has to write the drivers. This can be very expansive, so not every vendor does this for linux.
    - Yes, I agree, but why can HP do it?
    It's OK, everything we know will become obsolete at some time.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I ran desert dog's procedure, and as su I can work the scanner. However, simple scan and Xsane don't find the scanner. I suspect some file needs a permission changed, but which one? (LIDE 100)

Beans

Uncle Bill:
    Reboot and try again.
    If that doesn't work the following thread has some other ways to set permissions, so that you won't have to scan as sudo

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.p...light=canoscan
    (see post #16)

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

desertdog,

After many years of Windows , I always try rebooting as a first attempt when something doesn't work, so that didn't fix it. I edited (Ubuntu 10.04)

sudo gedit /lib/udev/rules.d/40-libsane.rules

and added the lines (info from the scanimage -L)

# Canon CanoScan LiDE100
    ATTRS{idVendor}=="04a9", ATTRS{idProduct}=="1904", ENV{libsane_matched}="yes"

saved the file, then rebooted, and it WORKS through both SimpleScan and XSane!

Thanks!!!

Beans

Hi there, I'm following this tutorial, and sane-find-scanner reports my scanner connected on the USB port, however, sudo scanimage -L doesn't return any scanner. Any idea? Thanks.
    Charles.

Beans

Uncle Bill,
    I am glad it worked for you.

For what it is worth, you shouldn't have to reboot in linux, when updating a program. There is probably a command line entry to restart the sane daemon and the udev daemon, but for me it is faster to reboot than to research how to restart the daemons.

Beans

Hi there, I'm following this tutorial, and sane-find-scanner reports my scanner connected on the USB port, however, sudo scanimage -L doesn't return any scanner. Any idea? Thanks.
    Did you check the file /etc/sane.d/genesys.conf to see if your scanner is listed? If not you will need to open a text editor as root and add your scanner to this file

Code:
    sudo gedit /etc/sane.d/genessys.conf
    Then add the entry for your scanner to that file.

Code:
    # Canon LiDE 100
    usb 0x04a9 0x1904

# Canon LiDE 200
    usb 0x04a9 0x1905

Beans

Thanks, desertdog, it allowed me to scan as root but not as a user, so I went on to the "Permissions" section of the tutorial, it didn't work. I restarted my computer and I am now able to scan as a regular user. I can't believe I can use this scanner on Linux after all these years! Thanks again
    Charles.

Beans

(solucionado) Re: Canon LIDE 100 scanner

Hola a todos,

Hoy encontré en internet una solución que sí funciona y permite instalar el escaner CANON LIDE 100 en Ubuntu 10.04.

http://ubuntuforums.org/showthread.php?t=1001955

Saludos

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast