Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Studio 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Quote Originally Posted by Linux Dutchman View Post
    I've noticed that since a few days youtube becomes slow, it's lagging and now and then freezes when using full screen. Some online game sites i visit (for example: www.spele.nl) some games doesn't show up.

Whats wrong here??
    I am not sure. But I suspect it could be due to the fact that recent versions of flash don't support hardware acceleration. Did you upgrade flash or Firefox recently?

Beans

Re: FLASH-AID: remove conflicting plugins and install proper flash plugin version

Recently Canonical provided an update for Firefox from FF 3.xx to FF 10.0. I had the Mozilla Stable PPA added, but after this update through Canonical i deleted that PPA. Also for Thunderbird.

Since this update i'm experiencing problems of Flash not working properly. After that i did an update on my Flash using that Flash-aid tool just to check. Even this trick: https://sites.google.com/site/tipsan...flash-solution didn't work for me.

Beans
    Distro

Recently Canonical provided an update for Firefox from FF 3.xx to FF 10.0. I had the Mozilla Stable PPA added, but after this update through Canonical i deleted that PPA. Also for Thunderbird.

Since this update i'm experiencing problems of Flash not working properly. After that i did an update on my Flash using that Flash-aid tool just to check. Even this trick: https://sites.google.com/site/tipsan...flash-solution didn't work for me.
    Do you have any other browser installed, so you can test if the problem is localized?

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Do you have any other browser installed, so you can test if the problem is localized?
    No. I only use FF.

Which browser do i need to install to test this?

Beans
    Distro

No. I only use FF.

Which browser do i need to install to test this?
    Try Chromium

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Flash-Aid just fixed my problems. Thanks a bunch!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by fdmille View Post
    Flash-Aid just fixed my problems. Thanks a bunch!
    You are welcome.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by lovinglinux View Post
    Try Chromium
    Still the same. Video is lagging.
    Last edited by lovinglinux; February 9th, 2012 at 09:19 PM. Reason: Edited by accident.

Beans
    Distro

Still the same. Video is lagging.
    So I think is the flash inability to render videos using hardware acceleration in recent versions.

Beans
    Distro

IMPORTANT!

I have uploaded version 2.2.3 to GitHub and Mozilla. Please update as soon as possible, since the previous version will stop working next week.

This update is not available through Firefox yet, neither through the extension home page. You need to get from one of the links below:

https://github.com/downloads/webgapp...3-fx-linux.xpi

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/fir...-aid/versions/

The most important changes in this version:

• the extension no longer check for new flash versions on start, except after the first install. So you need to check manually, through the "Check Update" option in the extension menu.
    • the extension is using GitHub now for downloading the update check json file
    Last edited by lovinglinux; February 11th, 2012 at 01:09 PM.

Page 23 of 33 FirstFirst ... 132122232425 ... LastLast