Page 5 of 299 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast

Thread: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 15.10 Wily Werewolf

Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

Quote Originally Posted by Robor View Post
    It is this exact error:

[i](gnome-panel:5100): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion 'GTI_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
    Ah, maybe you have the "menu bar" applet turned on in gnome-panel?

You need to find the script where gnome-panel is launched, and set environment variable GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1. Or you could start gnome by a manual ~/.xinitrc:
    Code:
    /usr/libexec/gnome-settings-daemon &
    nautilus &
    metacity &
    GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1 exec gnome-panel
    Remove the "menu bar" plugin, then remove the "GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1", and restart gnome.

(if you start gnome-panel with GTK_MENUBAR_NO_MAC=1, all apps launched from the panel wouldn't show the mac menubar)

Beans
    Distro
    Gutsy Gibbon Testing

Quote Originally Posted by Robor View Post
    It is this exact error:

(gnome-panel:5100): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion 'GTI_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
    (gnome-panel:5100): Gtk-CRITICAL **: gtk_widget_set_sensitive: assertion 'GTI_IS_WIDGET (widget)' failed
    ALSA: underrun, at least 0ms.
    Cutting log (size: 101938, max 100000)make transparent again
    make transparent again
    make transparent again
    make transparent again
    The application 'nautilus' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
    most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the application
    gdesklets-daemon: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.
    gnome-panel: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.
    gnome-terminal: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.
    update-notifier: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.
    nm-applet: Fatal IO error 104 (Connection reset by peer) on X server :0.0.
    Window manager warning: Lost connection to the display ' :0.0':
    most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the window manager
    The application 'gnome-cups-icon' lost its connection to the display :0.0;
    most likely the X server was shut down or you killed/destroyed the application
    (nautilus:13367): Gnome-CRITICAL **: gnome_program_get_app_version: assertion 'program !=NULL' failed

Any ideas/suggestions on how to fix the errors above? I can't get into X right now.

Cool Re: Mac-style Menu Bar for GTK and Java/Swing applications!

So any step by step instructions to create a DEB for Ubuntu or could anybody do it and share it?

Thanks

Beans

I am going to try and make a dapper deb of this if I can figure out patching a debian source lol

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

I already have the patch and I have built the debs but I have built them to work fine also with compiz as my first attempt of building made gnome and gtk response feel like "OMG, I can go out for a walk before apps are done loading" so my current debs seems to work fine with compiz, I'll wait for an answer from AqD as he/she might be working on something nice and I get to test a bit how they work.

But I'll attach the patch that goes into /debian/patches if you gonna build.

Patch is for edgy.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by jannol; September 21st, 2006 at 11:43 PM.
    If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.
    Isaac Newton

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by jannol View Post
    I already have the patch and I have built the debs but I have built them to work fine also with compiz as my first attempt of building made gnome and gtk response feel like "OMG, I can go out for a walk before apps are done loading" so my current debs seems to work fine with compiz, I'll wait for an answer from AqD as he/she might be working on something nice and I get to test a bit how they work.

But I'll attach the patch that goes into /debian/patches if you gonna build.
    Is this patch for the Edgy gtk, because the dapper one is 2.8 not 2.10.

Beans
    Distro
    Xubuntu 8.04 Hardy Heron

yes
    If I have ever made any valuable discoveries, it has been owing more to patient attention, than to any other talent.
    Isaac Newton

Beans

I have made a deb for Ubuntu Dapper, but I have nowhere to host it (it is too large to attach). Can someone host it please?

Quote Originally Posted by flargen View Post
    I have made a deb for Ubuntu Dapper, but I have nowhere to host it (it is too large to attach). Can someone host it please?
    I can host it or upload the deb to rapidshare an then I provide a mirror
    Last edited by kpolice; September 22nd, 2006 at 12:34 AM.

Beans

Here it is.

Page 5 of 299 FirstFirst ... 345671555105 ... LastLast