Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast

Thread: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan777 View Post
    I've tried to install pSX but when I run it all i get is this ./pSX: error while loading shared libraries: libgtkglext-x11-1.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

I can't seem to fix the problem. I'm using Jaunty 64 bit.
    Previous in the thread, this should help explain for you:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...1&postcount=19

Beans

Just wondering of there's any way of installing this on Jaunty? (AMD64 with 64 bit Ubuntu in this case.)

It would seem a shame to see this die.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I have installed pSX on 9.04 (Jaunty) 64bit but it seems to crash out with this:
    ezekiel@alice:~/Desktop$ psx32
    * PulseAudio configured for per-user sessions
    Gtk-Message: Failed to load module "canberra-gtk-module": /usr/lib/gtk-2.0/modules/libcanberra-gtk-module.so: wrong ELF class: ELFCLASS64
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    I: caps.c: Dropping root privileges.
    I: caps.c: Limited capabilities successfully to CAP_SYS_NICE.
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 215]: 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access(pcm_handle,hwparams, SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_INTERLEAVED)' returned 'Invalid argument'
    Segmentation fault

I hope that this can be fixed maybe in version 1.14 that's meant to be released soon... sometime in the next few years =)

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by ezekiel000 View Post
    'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access(pcm_handle,hwparams, SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_INTERLEAVED)' returned 'Invalid argument'
    Segmentation fault

I hope that this can be fixed maybe in version 1.14 that's meant to be released soon... sometime in the next few years =)
    This error is to do with a clash with pulse audio. See the first bit of this post to see how to fix it.

I gave up trying to install the debs on this thread as none seemed to be available / compatible with Jaunty 64 bit. However installing yourself is easy as it's mostly just a case of downloading and running. The files can be downloaded from http://psxemulator.gazaxian.com/ and http://psxemulator.proboards.com/ind...ay&thread=1080.

You can use getlibs on hte psx executable to find any missing 32 bit dependencies.

However I found that the Audio was buggy (with sound underruns) even when I'd got it running and messed about with the settings.

I've switched to ePSXe which seems to be running better.

Beans

Re: How-To: install pSX on AMD64/i386

Quote Originally Posted by jamiyoel View Post
    i want to install Bleem for Playstation. Can I install it same as current instructions?
    No... and I can't see why you would want to? Bleem is a long long dead emulator.

Aside from that, it was released for Windows and then later to run on the Sega Dreamcast. There was never a Linux release, so no you can't run it on Linux using the same method as for pSX. You could try running it under wine, but it would be hit and miss and I honestly have no idea why you would bother.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I'm getting this error, I've installed pSX and the libgtkglext libraries:

Code:
    andrew@4XKB91:~/pSX$ ./pSX
    get fences failed: -1
    param: 6, val: 0
    [src/linux/sound.cpp, line 215]: 'snd_pcm_hw_params_set_access(pcm_handle,hwparams,SND_PCM_ACCESS_MMAP_INTERLEAVED)' returned 'Invalid argument'
    pad=0
    Segmentation fault
    : HP Pavillion a6317c : Intel Pentium Dual CPU E2200 @2.20 GHz : Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope + Arch Linux + Windows XP Professional : 3GB RAM : 360GB Seagate HDD :

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.10 Maverick Meerkat

Quote Originally Posted by BwackNinja View Post
    Previous in the thread, this should help explain for you:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...1&postcount=19
    I am having this same problem but I am not quite sure how the post you linked to solves the problem. I downloaded pSX from the website (v 1.13) and got the same error message. However, the post that you link to assumes that pSX was installed through some other method (all I did was unzip mine into /home/user/Documents). I have read through this thread and it seems like some of the info might be outdated...

Does anyone know how to get this up and running using Jaunty and pSX 1.13? I would really love to be able to play me some PSX on Ubuntu.

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by skaldicpoet9 View Post
    I am having this same problem but I am not quite sure how the post you linked to solves the problem. I downloaded pSX from the website (v 1.13) and got the same error message. However, the post that you link to assumes that pSX was installed through some other method (all I did was unzip mine into /home/user/Documents). I have read through this thread and it seems like some of the info might be outdated...

Does anyone know how to get this up and running using Jaunty and pSX 1.13? I would really love to be able to play me some PSX on Ubuntu.
    I have the same segmentation fault, please help us under Jaunty.

Cygoku

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 10.04 Lucid Lynx

I got pSX working in Jaunty by first running pSX as admin then opening the settings and set the sound device to my sound card (not default). Once that's done I closed pSX and copied the contents /root/.pSX/psx.ini to /home/username/.pSX/psx.ini and then run pSX with this: /usr/local/games/psx32/pSX.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty Jackalope

I got pSX32 working nearly perfectly on Jaunty simply by installing from the .deb's posted for intrepid in this thread, apart from a good deal of flickering making it almost unplayable. Vsync didn't fix this, either. I can't seem to find much info about this apart from the fact that others sometimes have this problem too.

Also, I can't seem to find how to get it in full-screen (I was hoping that might remedy the flickering as a temporary solution). I can configure the resolution for full screen but can't see an option to actually use it.

Page 30 of 32 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 LastLast