Thread: testing unity7 alongside gnome3 in 18.04

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Budgie 17.10 Artful Aardvark

testing unity7 alongside gnome3 in 18.04

Hi All,

Starting a new testing thread here for unity7+gnome3 during 18.04 cycle. This thread will be linked to community.ubuntu.com. Anyone wishing to test the next cycle please do so here. For dry gnome3 you can test in UDV. (i'll put the link later)
    https://ubuntuforums.org/forumdisplay.php?f=427
    Regards..
    Last edited by ventrical; October 20th, 2017 at 01:44 AM.

Chanath is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Re: testing unity7 alongside gnome3 in 18.04

Quote Originally Posted by ventrical View Post
    Hi All,

Starting a new testing thread here for unity7+gnome3 during 18.04 cycle. This thread will be linked to community.ubuntu.com. Anyone wishing to test the next cycle please do so here. For dry gnome3 you can test in UDV. (i'll put the link later)

Regards..
    I'm using only Unity 7 without Gnome shell, so I can say only about that. I use many Gnome apps, but Gnome-shell reminds me of Win8. Never liked Win8.

Btw, not really interested in chatting.

community.ubuntu.com is a serious place, where you can contact the developers direct.

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Chanath View Post
    I'm using only Unity 7 without Gnome shell, so I can say only about that. I use many Gnome apps, but Gnome-shell reminds me of Win8. Never liked Win8.

Btw, not really interested in chatting.

community.ubuntu.com is a serious place, where you can contact the developers direct.
    Well yes .. and I have done so but Will Cook had referenced the <call for unity testers maintainers thread-link> and it is closed so we can test it here in this new thread as a hot item topic and any progress we make here will be linked there. A very busy and diligent crowd over there

Regards..

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

My suggestion was to start a thread here as a contact point for anyone who would like to work on the development/maintenance of Unity, not as a general discussion and troubleshooting thread. Untiy is no longer in development by Canonical. It is now up to the community to keep Unity as a viable desktop environment. We will allow announcements of new releases here, along with any troubleshooting needed, but we can not allow development discussions here, as that is not what the Ubuntu Forums was created for.

Good luck, and I hope to see an announcement that Unity has been granted official status in the future.

Chanath is offline Extra Foam Sugar Free Ubuntu
    Beans

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo View Post
    We will allow announcements of new releases here, along with any troubleshooting needed,..
    Can you clarify on this? Do you mean announcements of new Ubuntu-Unity releases, like Unity7N.iso?

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by cariboo View Post
    My suggestion was to start a thread here as a contact point for anyone who would like to work on the development/maintenance of Unity, not as a general discussion and troubleshooting thread. Untiy is no longer in development by Canonical. It is now up to the community to keep Unity as a viable desktop environment. We will allow announcements of new releases here, along with any troubleshooting needed, but we can not allow development discussions here, as that is not what the Ubuntu Forums was created for.

Good luck, and I hope to see an announcement that Unity has been granted official status in the future.
    Thank you for the clairification. Does this also include the development and programming thread?

Please close thread. I will try to re-boot this in another manner.

Thanks !

Regards..

Beans

Closed at OP's request.