Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Re: Windows title bar not clickable after de-maximize.

Did today's updates fix this problem? It doesn't seem to be broken any more. I have never been able to maximize a windows and then minimize it, but I can now just like it is supposed to work.

Also I believe gedit opening two tabs with gksudo gedit filename seems to be fixed as well. I tried that several tlimes as well. It's a good day. I need to check some of my other distros.

Nope Raring is still the same but, I am sure it will get this update soon.
    Last edited by Cavsfan; July 14th, 2013 at 08:53 PM. Reason: added last line

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by Cavsfan View Post
    Did today's updates fix this problem? It doesn't seem to be broken any more. I have never been able to maximize a windows and then minimize it, but I can now just like it is supposed to work.

Also I believe gedit opening two tabs with gksudo gedit filename seems to be fixed as well. I tried that several tlimes as well. It's a good day. I need to check some of my other distros.

Nope Raring is still the same but, I am sure it will get this update soon.
    Nothing has changed as far as compiz, otherwise don't know as rarely could make it happen anyway.

As far as gedit - that 2 tab deal went away in gedit 3.7+ so no longer an issue in 13.10, would still exist in prior releases that use an older gedit.
    (gksu is no longer default installed, users would need to do so as no alt. like pkexec has been implemented yet. It's possible that on amd64 gksu will yet again install with wrong default mode, su vs. sudo

Here i've just gone ahead & switched nautilus & gedit over to pkexec, gdebi is much more complicated so that's up to the dev to switch or not.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Quote Originally Posted by mc4man View Post
    Nothing has changed as far as compiz, otherwise don't know as rarely could make it happen anyway.

As far as gedit - that 2 tab deal went away in gedit 3.7+ so no longer an issue in 13.10, would still exist in prior releases that use an older gedit.
    (gksu is no longer default installed, users would need to do so as no alt. like pkexec has been implemented yet. It's possible that on amd64 gksu will yet again install with wrong default mode, su vs. sudo

Here i've just gone ahead & switched nautilus & gedit over to pkexec, gdebi is much more complicated so that's up to the dev to switch or not.
    It definitely only happens in Gnome Fallback/Flashback.
    Yes, SPM just messed up so it must still not be fixed. I seen grub, gedit and I thought I saw compiz in the updates but, compiz must have just been my imagination.
    Do you think they will put gedit 3.7+ in 13.04 and 12.10 as that is a major pain?

I know apt-cache policy file-name will tell you what is installed, what is installable and the package it came from but, is there a way to tell a file's installation date?

Beans

Do you think they will put gedit 3.7+ in 13.04 and 12.10 as that is a major pain?
    Never in the Ubuntu repos for those releases

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Never in the Ubuntu repos for those releases
    Thanks! I think I'll do what it takes to get the newer version into those.

Beans

Thanks! I think I'll do what it takes to get the newer version into those.
    Well the gnome3 ppa would have the 3.8 gedit for raring, after that you're on your own (maybe I remember you don't like ppa's ??
    Myself just use, as mentioned, pkexec, which isn't affected, have gedit packages for 12.04, 13.04 & something a bit more for 13.10 (intergrated the geditas nautilus python extension & extended it's mimetypes

(someone recently emailed me asking if I'd put the precise & raring builds in a standalone ppa so will do so.

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Well the gnome3 ppa would have the 3.8 gedit for raring, after that you're on your own (maybe I remember you don't like ppa's ??
    Myself just use, as mentioned, pkexec, which isn't affected, have gedit packages for 12.04, 13.04 & something a bit more for 13.10 (intergrated the geditas nautilus python extension & extended it's mimetypes

(someone recently emailed me asking if I'd put the precise & raring builds in a standalone ppa so will do so.
    I changed my mind and decided to just leave it alone.
    I had already added this workaround someone mentioned on the bug to .bashrc:

Code:
    # gksudo gedit opening 2 tabs fix
    gksudo ()
    {
     if [ "$1" = "gedit" ]
     then
      shift
      gksudo gksudo gedit "$@"
     else
      command gksudo "$@"
     fi
    }

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

I'm pretty sure the recent compiz updates fixed the windows bar not being clickable.
    I made terminal maximized and could close it with the x on the top.

Does any one agree and can confirm this?

Beans
    Hidden!
    Distro
    Xubuntu

Spoke too soon. I can confirm that it is not fixed.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Seems that now this bug is fixed.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast