Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: About "Interfaith Marriage"

Beans

Re: About "Interfaith Marriage"

One other thing:

I was told that I would be banned from the Backyard. Yet I cannot post other places either. Was this also part of my punishment or has it simply not been lifted.

I would also like to hear some of the other forum staff members thoughts as well.

Please respond soon

Thank you
    asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33

Beans

Sorry, one more thing.

Here are some of the rude comments made about me or my faith.

God i hate you, you pretend to be a Christian and all you spew is hate.

May you rot in hell.

(and yeah, this will be my last infraction but it's OH SO WORTH IT).
    I even tried to make peace with him by posting the Coexist image but he slapped that friendly hand by stating that people are not really equal in his mind.

I guess this is futile, he's going to continue to spew his hate about how Muslim fathers kill their daughters every time they marry and how Christians are worth more than others without even so much as a twitch from a mod, call the SOB on it though and you get an infraction or a warning.
    'm going to make this short and sweet, if you don't get that the scientific theory of evolution then you are just ignorant.
    But there is, you just don't want to know about it. You probably think it's blasphemous or something ;P
    It's not a thought, you denying the reality is just because you are uneducated or ignorant.
    There are more, but these are the ones that I could find quickly.

Beans

I am again asking for an answer to my questions.
    I have raised, in my mind, valid points that need to be answered.

I understand that this is a volunteer job. However, if you volunteer for something it needs to be done.

Thank you

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by asjdfwejqrfjcvm msz34rq33 View Post
    I am again asking for an answer to my questions.
    The more a person pushes and demonstrates impatience, the less likely they are to get good service--this is something I have witnessed all over the world. Being pushy only works once, if ever. Being patient, kind, gentle and friendly wins friends for a lifetime and begets great service. A person who treats a waiter poorly is not a good person, period.
    I have raised, in my mind, valid points that need to be answered.
    Key words, "in my mind." Perhaps we haven't felt your questions were anything other than self-righteously indignant, trivial, and/or answered already. Either that, or we have been genuinely busy. Either one is realistic and possible. It might even be both.
    I understand that this is a volunteer job. However, if you volunteer for something it needs to be done.

Thank you
    Thanks for being pedantic and insulting. See how fake that comes across--I'm not actually speaking in gratitude in this sentence, I'm mocking you with my tone. That is wrong (I only did it to provide an example of what not to do...).

This is an example of why you constantly end up in the middle of conflict. The fake-sounding thanks at the end of your post doesn't flow with the overall tone of your posts. I don't believe you actually are thankful, but rather passive aggressive. You consistently come across as arrogant, closed minded, demanding, and frankly, rather rude, not solely in this thread (where you have been relatively civil, and I appreciate that), but over a long time in your posting history. I do not see people making statements like the ones you quoted above to others in these forums on any sort of regular basis. There are many, many Christians here who are well respected and treated as such. I don't think it is your religion that people have a problem with, I think that is the focal point of their comments because of how you represent your beliefs and how you come across while doing so. This is my answer to your questions.
    Last edited by matthew; September 8th, 2007 at 11:37 AM. Reason: removed a comma
    what's a troll? | my blog | my writing | Ubuntu Unleashed

Don't ask support questions in PMs--post a thread so everyone can benefit!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by matthew View Post
    The more a person pushes and demonstrates impatience, the less likely they are to get good service--this is something I have witnessed all over the world. Being pushy only works once, if ever. Being patient, kind, gentle and friendly wins friends for a lifetime and begets great service. A person who treats a waiter poorly is not a good person, period.
    Key words, "in my mind." Perhaps we haven't felt your questions were anything other than self-righteously indignant, trivial, and/or answered already. Either that, or we have been genuinely busy. Either one is realistic and possible. It might even be both.
    Thanks for being pedantic and insulting. See how fake that comes across--I'm not actually speaking in gratitude in this sentence, I'm mocking you with my tone. That is wrong (I only did it to provide an example of what not to do...).

This is an example of why you constantly end up in the middle of conflict. The fake-sounding thanks at the end of your post doesn't flow with the overall tone of your posts. I don't believe you actually are thankful, but rather passive aggressive. You consistently come across as arrogant, closed minded, demanding, and frankly, rather rude, not solely in this thread (where you have been relatively civil, and I appreciate that), but over a long time in your posting history. I do not see people making statements like the ones you quoted above to others in these forums on any sort of regular basis. There are many, many Christians here who are well respected and treated as such. I don't think it is your religion that people have a problem with, I think that is the focal point of their comments because of how you represent your beliefs and how you come across while doing so. This is my answer to your questions.
    Alright Matthew. I really am sorry. I was just frustrated by the lack of response that I have been getting. I will try to be more patient.

In the Backyard, I agree with you completely. I is frustrating when you see people constantly calling your faith or your country or anything that you feel strongly for stupid. I feel that I need to refute them or more of those insults will come.

But I still don't see exactly what I did wrong in the Cafe or other places. There, I have been responded to well. If you would, could you post some of the comments that you think were better unsaid.

Thank you

I will try to be more patient back here in the future.

Beans
    Distro

In the Backyard, I agree with you completely.

But I still don't see exactly what I did wrong in the Cafe or other places. There, I have been responded to well. If you would, could you post some of the comments that you think were better unsaid.
    I just took a long, in-depth look at all your posts in the Cafe, and other forums as well, between now and April. I see your point. Aside from the Backyard silliness and some rather pointed comments in the Resolution Center and Forum Feedback areas (probably composed in the heat of the moment), I can't see anything objectionable.

I am going to offer a compromise. Right now I will reverse the recent infraction that put all your posts into the moderation queue. I am also modifying your account permissions so that you are unable to post in the Backyard (I'm not sure if it will affect your ability to read posts in the Backyard as well, it might). This is to remain in effect until October 1st, the date the infraction was to expire. There isn't a way to set it up in the forum software to automatically restore your posting permission in the Backyard, so if I forget to do it on that date, please send me a PM or post again in this thread on October 2nd.

Since we have discussed and agreed that the real problem was in the Backyard, I think this is fair and I hope you will as well. It is never my desire to be punitive, but rather to help make these forums the best environment possible for real community to exist. Let's call this a learning experience. Hopefully, once October 1st arrives, we will discover all is well and we can move on in a positive way.

Have a great day.

Beans

Thank you very much Matthew.

That was more than fair and I hope I learn to be a better member of the community.

I will try not to cause any more problems for you and the others Admins.

Again, thank you

Beans
    Distro

Thank you very much Matthew.

That was more than fair and I hope I learn to be a better member of the community.

I will try not to cause any more problems for you and the others Admins.

Again, thank you

I'm truly glad we are both able to walk away happy. I look forward to a long and good relationship between us and to your continued enjoyment of and participation in these forums.

See you around!

Beans

By the way, it did block me from viewing the Backyard.
    No big deal.

Again thank you

Beans
    Distro

By the way, it did block me from viewing the Backyard.
    No big deal.
    Well, now we know. Thanks for telling me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12