Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast

Thread: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Re: Dell Duo Setup Guide

Quote Originally Posted by drumour View Post
    KenBW2 (#697),
    No, it still crashes if you plug/unplug power - for me the workaround is to suspend first, then it seems to handle the switch okay
    Dang it, now I'm going to have to try that again. Under anything prior, trying to plug or unplug while suspended always gave me a black screen of death.
    Custom PC- Athlon II, GeForce 210, Kubuntu Ocelot
    Dell Inspiron 1564, i3 Arrandale, Lubuntu Lucid
    Winbook M Series, Kubuntu Ocelot

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

After a fresh install of 12.04, I see now that everything works, except two important things, both with touchscreen ONLY. (My touchpad works swell)

I have no hold-to-right-click, except that when I do, a context menu appears at bottom dead center of the screen, which is invariably not what I clicked on.

I have no double-click.

I try to change the eGalax Utility Daemon's settings to see if i can get it to work, and it always says failed to communicate with device. What did I do wrong this time?

Beans

did you all get the rotation working on 12.4? that is, when you click on rotate, dou you have control on the mouse? (in my case, when the screen is turned, the mouse is asymmetrical.. i click somewhere on the screen and the mouse appears on the opposite side..)

Beans

@cmongini Did it work for you with 11.04,11.10 or is it your first try? Do you mean the Touchpad/USB mouse stops working or do you mean the cursor appears strangely mirrored? If the latter then you have to apply a transformation matrix on the input device (i.e the "touch"screen) which would be a property of xinput. (I'm not yet using 12.04 so I'm curious: how did you turn the screen (the output device)?)

I attach the script that I use to rotate Input and output device.(touchrotate_dell.txt)

I call it via a button that fires another script which rotates toleft if orientation is normal and vice versa.

Code:
    #!/bin/sh

ROTATION=$(xinput list-props  11 | grep -E Matrix |grep -o 'Matrix [^ ]*' | sed 's/Matrix (137)://')

if [ $ROTATION =  1.000000, ];
    then /PATH_TO_SCRIPT/touchrotate_dell toleft
    else /PATH_TO_SCRIPT/touchrotate_dell normal
    fi
    Attached Files Attached Files
    AMD64X2: UbuntuStudio 14.10-64bit

Beans

Dear variona, thanks for your answer! yes i had already installed the 11.10 version through the instructions at the beginning of the thread and they worked... now the screen works and it is also possible to be rotated through the rotating screen script proposed at the beginning. it it just a problem of mirroring the mouse. ( the instructions regarding the mirroring problem at the beginning don't work.) I will test the script that you porpose and let you know

Beans

the rotating script that i use is this one:
    http://ubuntuforums.org/showpost.php...&postcount=194

how would i then connect it to your script?

Beans

You don't - you use it instead. If you look at the script you'll see why. Your script only rotates the screen (the OUTPUT device by calling xrandr), touch is an input device that's why you need xinput. Please read the man pages xrandr and xinput for a better understanding. The attached script is a modification of a script for the T101MT therefore it has more options than needed. If it doesn't work it is most probably because your devices have a different name.(see lines 16 and 21)
    The code I've posted directly is a variation of the script you use - to find out the orientation I use xinput instead of xrandr.

(try a console and type
    Code:
    xrandr -q
    or
    Code:
    xinput --list
    )
    AMD64X2: UbuntuStudio 14.10-64bit

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Awesome! I'll try the rotation script. I was afraid to try it, as last time I installed it, all it did was make my screen go wonky when I booted up.

Does anyone else have a problem with double-clicking and right-clicking?

Also, my touchscreen just... doesn't work sometimes. I can point, but sometimes no clicky. Why is it so glitchy this time around?

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Development Release

Quote Originally Posted by unused_bagels View Post
    Awesome! I'll try the rotation script. I was afraid to try it, as last time I installed it, all it did was make my screen go wonky when I booted up.

Does anyone else have a problem with double-clicking and right-clicking?

Also, my touchscreen just... doesn't work sometimes. I can point, but sometimes no clicky. Why is it so glitchy this time around?
    I can make a few guesses, but most of them involve hid-multitouch being excessively new and needing a lot more testing.
    Custom PC- Athlon II, GeForce 210, Kubuntu Ocelot
    Dell Inspiron 1564, i3 Arrandale, Lubuntu Lucid
    Winbook M Series, Kubuntu Ocelot

Beans

thanks! yes as you say it doesn't recognize the screen... the message it gives is:

Usage: touchrotate [output inputdevice] left|right|inverted|normal|toleft|toright|topdown| current

Page 71 of 76 FirstFirst ... 21616970717273 ... LastLast