Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Thread: ubuntu mockup

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu Jaunty Jackalope (testing)

Re: ubuntu mockup

Very professional looking. I like it, and yea it would be a good candidate for a future release.

Beans

I like it, but would like it better if the docker held the quick-launch icons and there was just icons down at the bottom (like in AWN) with text that came up on hover (see my desktop for a reference). Also, may I suggest a light/dark brown for the power button? It seems a little... out of place. Other than that, looks great!
    See my themes here! | Dont preach Linux, mention it | Make GNOME Themes
    I'm no longer on here. If you want to talk to me, go to noost.org.
    My DeviantArt | Linux user #461096 | Ubuntu user #15753

Beans
    Distro
    Kubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Wow, I'm really surprised at the reactions to the color here. The mockup was quite beautiful, but it's a complete step backwards in time for Ubuntu. "Human" has gone over time from dark brown to the current oranginess. (See the Archives.) This step seems to have been successful enough that several people in this thread mentioned orange as the color of Ubuntu. AFAIK, there's a fairly strong philosophical attachment to brown, but I would be surprised if people were ready to have it go back to something this dark.

Anyway, I thought the best thing was that the dock, in the original conception, would 'rotate.' Do any of the currently available docks do this? By the way, a compositing WM shouldn't be necessary for this sort of 'fishbowl' dock. The only one I've used is tuxbar under SuperKaramba, which is more of a menu bar, but it works great on a low-end system.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Beans

Any chance we can have the source to that without the logo?
    Last edited by Half-Left; July 5th, 2007 at 11:51 AM.

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 7.04 Feisty Fawn

Very nice looking!! Would love to see it as a real theme in the future. Awesome job.
    "Computers shouldn't be unusable. You don't need to know how to work a telephone switch to make a phone call, or how to use the Hoover Dam to take a shower, or how to work a nuclear-power plant to turn on the lights."
    - Scott McNealy

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by Krosis View Post
    Very nice looking!! Would love to see it as a real theme in the future. Awesome job.
    My screenshot *is* a real theme. The icons are a modification of GNOME standard icons, the theme colours, the window borders and the panel are customized.
    In theory i could create a script to change all this with one click. But i don't know if the licences allow me this.

Best regards,
    zerwas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Do it anyway!
    Isn't the GPL meant to encourage modifications & stuff like this?
    Brown doesn't suck. And neither does wood. Download Woody. A Metacity theme.
    Note: the rm command deletes stuff! Don't be tricked into running malicious scripts. If in doubt, ask!!

Beans
    Distro

Quote Originally Posted by weblordpepe View Post
    Do it anyway!
    Ok. Costs me a few nights of work, but i hope it all fits good together.
    There it is

Best regards,
    zerwas

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 9.10 Karmic Koala

Haha! Awesome! Well done. Install script too. Its cool that you put that search function next to the main menu.
    Brown doesn't suck. And neither does wood. Download Woody. A Metacity theme.
    Note: the rm command deletes stuff! Don't be tricked into running malicious scripts. If in doubt, ask!!

Page 10 of 28 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast