Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast

Thread: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Beans
    Distro
    Ubuntu 12.04 Precise Pangolin

Re: How to Rotate the Screen for a TX2000 Tablet PC

Quote Originally Posted by Favux View Post
    Hi albandy,

Did you add some commands to Advanced Setup? If something is hanging it would prevent it from rotating back.
    I didn't. But I found that if I push some buttons or I plug or unplug the network cable, then the screen rotates again.

Beans
    Distro

OK, that's sounding like there is a hang. Did you install CellWriter? If you didn't that might be it.

If you did maybe you could try Magick 1.0. You might have better luck with it. It's now hosted on Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/magick-rotation
    Last edited by Favux; October 26th, 2010 at 06:15 PM.

Beans
    Distro

OK, that's sounding like there is a hang. Did you install CellWriter? If you didn't that might be it.

If you did maybe you could try Magick 1.0. You might have better luck with it. It's now hosted on Launchpad: https://launchpad.net/magick-rotation
    I'll try it. Thanks a lot.

Beans

Hi there

I've got Magic Rotation working as well as keybinding for a rotation-script for the "Q"-key on the screen.
    I would like to have the possibility to rotate the screen into portrait-mode while in tablet-mode. I have setup Magic Rotation to show the screen inverted (180 degrees).
    Can I make the "Q"-key "overwrite" the Magic Rotation script while in tablet mode or should I just put an icon on the desktop that activates the other rotation script?

Martin
    tx2590eo

EDIT: Well for now I have just put an icon on the desktop that rotates the screen as I want. But I would still like to know if it is possible to make one of the screen-key work while in tablet-mode?!?
    Last edited by martinjochimsen; November 1st, 2010 at 01:43 AM.

Beans
    Distro

Hi Martin,

You should be able to do that. On earlier versions of Magick when I was in Intrepid I still had a rotation script on the "Q" key. And it worked. Magick isn't like wacomrotate, it requires a signal from the hinge switch to rotate. So while you're in tablet there is no signal and Magick won't do anything to interfere with another rotation script.

I noticed when I updated from Intrepid to Karmic I lost the keybinding to the "Q" key. It's back to making the music player pop up. I didn't bother to change it back to the rotation script because by then I was comfortable with Magick. The discouraging thing is I lost the DVD key. It no longer makes a event in xev. So I'm down to 1/4 tablet keys. Another reason I didn't change the key binding.

I guess the DSDT for the TX2000 regressed. Since you can no longer manually modify it (they removed the kernel support for that) I guess I'm stuck. Ticks me off because they said they were removing the manual support because they were so good at taking in submitted DSDT's and adding them into the hardware support. And I submitted the TX2000 DSDT to the DSDT site. Only upshot is they broke another tablet key. Super!

Beans

Hi Martin,

You should be able to do that. On earlier versions of Magick when I was in Intrepid I still had a rotation script on the "Q" key. And it worked.
    Also in tabletmode?

Magick isn't like wacomrotate, it requires a signal from the hinge switch to rotate. So while you're in tablet there is no signal and Magick won't do anything to interfere with another rotation script.
    I thought it was like when the screen is in normal position the hinge switch is off, but when the computer is in tabletmode (the screen ontop of the keyboard) the switch is on, and therefore the "Q" key is disabled?!?

My "Q" key doesn't work when the laptop is in tabletmode and xev doesn't show anything.

The discouraging thing is I lost the DVD key. It no longer makes a event in xev. So I'm down to 1/4 tablet keys. Another reason I didn't change the key binding.
    I don't think my DVD key never worked, but the Q key always started Rhythmbox - it doesn't anymore!

I guess the DSDT for the TX2000 regressed.
    Sorry to ask, but what does DSDT mean?

Well it's not a big catastrophe that I can't make the Q key rotate the desktop while in tabletmode - the possibility would be nice though. After all I have a rotate-script assigned to an icon in the taskbar, so it's not that I can't rotate the screen at all i tabletmode.

Martin

Beans
    Distro

Also in tabletmode?
    Yes.
    but when the computer is in tabletmode (the screen ontop of the keyboard) the switch is on, and therefore the "Q" key is disabled?!?
    No, that is a bug not Magick. We found the fix for that a long time ago but I've forgotten it. Not even sure I could track it down.
    I don't think my DVD key never worked
    You often had to use gali98's key code fix in the key code addendom at the bottom of the HOW TO. I haven't tried it in Karmic. Worried about breaking something.
    what does DSDT mean?
    Differentiated System Description Table, see: http://acpi.sourceforge.net/dsdt/index.php It's basically a component of the BIOS ACPI chain.
    Last edited by Favux; November 1st, 2010 at 09:55 PM.

Beans

Yes.

No, that is a bug not Magick. We found the fix for that a long time ago but I've forgotten it. Not even sure I could track it down.

You often had to use gali98's key code fix in the key code addendom at the bottom of the HOW TO. I haven't tried it in Karmic. Worried about breaking something.
    Code:
    martin@martin-laptop:~$ sudo update-rc.d -f hotkey-setup remove
    [sudo] password for martin: 
     Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup ...
    martin@martin-laptop:~$ sudo update-rc.d  hotkey-setup start 99 1 2 3 4 5 6 .
    update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup: file does not exist
    I don't think I got the "file does not exist" message in Ubuntu 9.10, but it worked anyway.

Beans
    Distro

Really?!! You got the DVD key working again in Maverick? Awesome!

Beans

Quote Originally Posted by martinjochimsen View Post
    Code:
    martin@martin-laptop:~$ sudo update-rc.d -f hotkey-setup remove
    [sudo] password for martin: 
     Removing any system startup links for /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup ...
    martin@martin-laptop:~$ sudo update-rc.d  hotkey-setup start 99 1 2 3 4 5 6 .
    update-rc.d: /etc/init.d/hotkey-setup: file does not exist
    I don't think I got the "file does not exist" message in Ubuntu 9.10, but it worked anyway.
    No. I mean even though I got that message I got the keybinding for the "Q" key working.
    Sorry

Page 54 of 65 FirstFirst ... 444525354555664 ... LastLast